Half-Day 4x4 Tour in the Eastern Carpathians
Traveling by 4x4 is one of the great ways to explore the Eastern Carpathians rugged terrain away from the cities. In just half a day, we will pass through small villages, hidden valleys and along great belvedere points giving you a unique experience with some good photo opportunities. Your guide will introduce you to the local lifestyle, wildlife, history and culture. The trails will be set on the day of the tour depending on the weather.
Optionally, get more insight in the history and battles of the World War I and II in the Eastern Carpathians as you revive the course of the bloody battles and fights with the help of detailed maps and old photos.
- Enjoy an action-packed half day in the Eastern Carpathians
- Learn about the local wildlife and history
- See parts of the landscape you can't reach by a standard car
- Get the personalized experience of a private guide
- All transportation with hotel pickup and drop-off from Miercurea Ciuc is included
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bilingual local driver/guide during the whole itinerary
- Private round-trip transport from Miercurea Ciuc and its surroundings
- Various opportunities for short hiking trails to great belvedere peaks
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic and other refreshing drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Carpathian Escapes, Kossuth Lajos Street No. 19, Miercurea-Ciuc 530130 Romania
Your adventure tour starts in Miercurea Ciuc where your guide awaits you to set off with a 4x4 vehicle into the mountains and forests surroundings the Ciuc Basin.
Please note: The guide's knowledge of the region and weather allows him to adapt the daily routes depending on local conditions.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Capela New Valley, Valea Uzului, Romania
Take the road less traveled and explore traditional mountainous villages and off the beaten path locations on unpaved forest roads in the surroundings of the Ciuc Basin. Based on the local road and weather conditions, your guide will present you the best options available for your half day tour. One of the possible destinations of your tour is the isolated Uz Valley, one of the most famous battlefields during World War 1 and World War 2 in the Eastern Carpathians. Optionally, here you can revive the course of the bloody battles and fights with the help of detailed maps and old photos. Another route options can be the most pcturesque vistas of the Ciuc Mountains like the top of the Szello Mountain (1496 m) or the top of the Pogany Mountain (1350 m).
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Carpathian Escapes, Kossuth Lajos Street, no. 19, Ap. SP.COM.II,, 1st Floor, Office no. 3, Miercurea Ciuc 530160, Romania
At the end of the tour your guide will drop you off at your preferred location in Miercurea Ciuc.
Departure Point :Carpathian Escapes, Kossuth Lajos Street, no. 19, Ap. SP.COM.II,, 1st Floor, Office no. 3, Miercurea Ciuc 530160, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from any location (hotel, train station, etc.) in Miercurea Ciuc or the Gyimes Valley is included in the price of the tour free of charge.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress warmly: sturdy, waterproof footwear and warm clothing recommended
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The programs can be modified depending on the weather conditions or adding other options.
- Tours can be personalized on request
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.