Half Day Aboriginal Rock Art Experience in Queensland
Exclusive access to rarely seen rock art galleries.
Guided by Aboriginal Traditional Owners.
Small group (Maximum 14)
Unique landscape of rocky escarpments and tropical savannah.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Exclusive access to rock art sites
- Accommodation pickup from Cooktown
- Aboriginal Guide
- Interpretive walk
- Entry/Admission - Rinyirru (Lakefield) National Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rinyirru (Lakefield) National Park, Laura, Cook Shire, Queensland 4871 Australia
From Cooktown travel through the Endeavour Valley to Normanby Station which has exquisite ancient Aboriginal Rock Art Galleries.
Take a interpretive guided walk with your Aboriginal guide to get an insight into rock art styles, spirituality and traditional Aboriginal life.
Enjoy morning tea as you marvel at ancient rock art galleries and learn about the connection the rock art has with Aboriginal people.
Discover the survival skills of Indigenous people through bush food and medicine and hear about the historic ties the Balnggarawarra people have with Normanby Station.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please call Culture Connect on 1300 794 175 to confirm pickup location at least 24 hours prior to tour departure.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.