Half-Day Alebrijes Carving and Painting Workshop in San Martin from Oaxaca
In "San Martin Tilcajete", you will see the process of making Alebrijes, the famous and colorful figures from Oaxacan-Mexican folk art. You will visit a workshop and see how artisans carve and paint these figures. Then, you'll have a chance to paint your own figure and use your imagination to create something unique. These figures were the inspiration for the creators of the
famous movie "Coco". After this, it is time for an expert you indications to fly with your
imagination. You'll take this figure with you along with amazing memories from a wonderful day tour. Your tour includes transport and a local guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Small wooden "Alebrije", to paint. Material and paint to paint.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Taller David Hernández, 8 de Octubre S/N, Barrio el Cerrito, 71506 San Martín Tilcajete, Oax., Mexico
After knowing the process of making these beautiful figures, you have time so that with the help of a craftsman, you can decorate your own alebrije.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We have pick up in almost all the hotels in the city, if you stay in an apartment (a b & b) we indicate the address, so that our operdador picks you up there. If your apartment or hotel is out of our coverage, we will indicate the address or the nearest place to go through you.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.