Half day Archaeological Tour - San Pedro de Atacama
Try to know the beginning of the valuable Atacameño culture; visiting places of great archaeological importance such as the Tulor village of more than 2800 years old. Archeology is undoubtedly an important source to know the ancient dimension of this oasis of Atacama, from when it began to be occupied by man.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta, Chile
At the foot of the imposing Lincancabur volcano with more than 5,900 meters high, the highest existing height of the town, history and modernity come together. With an age of approximately 11 thousand years, the culture of San Pedro de Atacama, received different influences in its stage of evolution of the various American cultures, such as Tiwanaku, which developed at the foot of Lake Titicaca of Bolivia, Inca, which it extended its dominions from Peru to the central zone of Chile, the Aymara and finally that of the Spanish colonizers.
Then we will visit the Atacameño fortress known as Pukará de Quitor, which was built in the 12th century, the remains of Pukará de Quitor show us the great social organization of the Atacamean ancestors in front of the Spanish conquerors. At an altitude of 2440 meters high and 3 kilometers from San Pedro de Atacama, is this pre-Inca defensive fortress which covers an area of 2.5 hectares. These ruins are located on the slope of a small hill giving the sector a strategic position. The constructions were made with stone and adobe.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.