Half-Day Bike Tour around Lake Lugano with Lunch
A relaxing day of cycling the Italian side of Lake Lugano, exploring hilltop villages, rock pools, and panoramic churches.
We set off from the historic agricultural hamlet of Cardano and start with an easy ride along the cycle path following green fields and lakes until we hit the first beach of Lake Lugano.
Cycling along the beach, you will enjoy the expansive views of the water and mountains and the quaint streets of the old center of Porlezza town. Our destination today is the Valolda, the valley connecting Lake Como and Lake Lugano. It is a rather forgotten valley that is in fact full of hidden architectural and artistic gems just waiting to be discovered. The lake views will also not disappoint today.
Our day would not be complete without dipping our feet in the crystal clear water of some rock pools before we enjoy a lunch stop in a mountain restaurant. We wind down a relaxing country road back to Cardano.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Lunch - Starter– Platter of local cold cuts. Main dish of the day - Depending on availability, choice of taglietelle ai funghi; pizzocheri (buckwheat pasta with cheese and cabbage) or cutlet. Dessert.
- Bottled water - 1x 500ml bottle of mineral water
- Hybrid E-bike (Cube Reaction Pro 500), helmet, fitted travel bag.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Grandola ed Uniti, Grandola ed Uniti, Lake Como, Lombardy
We leave from the small agricultural hamlet of Cardano, located in Grandola ed Uniti. The hamlet dates back to the Renaissance. It is home to the historic country home of the Bagatti Valsecchi family. We ride through the cobbled alleys and on to the cycle path that takes us past green fields and mountain views before we hit the beach of Lake Lugano.
Stop At: Santuario B.V. della Caravina, Via Al Santuario, 37, 22010 Cressogno Italy
We ride up to this sanctuary to admire the beautiful, peaceful location above the lake. This little church has been written about in books and is also said to be a place of healing and miracles.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Church of San Martino, Castello Valsolda, 22010 Valsolda Italy
We ride for a few kilometers along the main road heading from Porlezza town into the Valsolda. After this, we head up into the mountains and towards the small village of Castello. This fortified village dates back to the Middle Ages and it's position right on the cliff edge offers some stunning views. The San Martino church is known at the 'Sistine Chapel' of the north. The village is in fact the birthplace of many important artistic families. On our way down from Castello we stop at the rock pools of the Soldo river to enjoy the cool breeze and fresh mountain water.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Naggio, Naggio, Lake Como, Lombardy
We head home towards Lake Como, via the mountainous back roads leading to the small village of Naggio. The scenic roads through the 'Imperial forest' with lovely exposed rock face on one side and panoramic lake views on the other, offer a fantastic insight into the quieter agricultural life of Lake Como.
Stop At: 22010 Velzo CO, Italy
We head through the characteristic cobbled streets and past the open fields of this small village before stopping for lunch at a typical mountain restaurant. It's time to enjoy a good meal in the company of lovely lake views.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via S. Rocco, 3, 22010 Codogna-Cardano CO, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Muminum height: 160 cm and the ability to manage an e-bike of roughly 22kgs.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.