Half Day Boat Trip on Irrawaddy river from Bagan - Private tour
Bagan is not only the city with hot-air balloon, it has more interesting stuffs than your imagine. With half day boat trip on Irrawaddy river from Bagan city, you will have the opportunity to be on the boat to pass a distance 16 kilometers in length. In this tour, you will have two stopping points: Sae Lan village and Kyauk Gu U Min Temple. This tour not only give you a chance to experience Bagan with a different aspect but also help you know more about Myanmar’s culture and their lovely people.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off service in city center;
- English speaking tour guide;
- Private air- condition car;
- Transportation in tour;
- Bottle of water and wet tissue;
- Entry/Admission - Irrawaddy Confluence
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses & tips and other services not mentioned in the program;
- Entrance fees;
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Irrawaddy Confluence, Myitsone, Myitkyina Myanmar
You will get the boat to cruise on Irrawaddy river. The river has another name is Ayeyarwady River. This is the largest river which flows from the north to the south of Myanmar. The river plays an important rule for developing country’s economy.
The boat will follow the river’s flows. You can see the peaceful landscapes along the river. You will visit Sae Lan village. The village lies on the west bank of river. The village is located on a floodplain which divides the village into 2 parts. You will have time to walk through the village and farms around. The local people here are quite friendly, so don’t hesitate to talk and take some photos with them.
Then, you will continue your boat trip to visit the next site, Kyauk Gu U Min temple. The temple is the eastern side of Irrawaddy river. It is also a significant historical site in the city. A part of temple was built in 11th century and others in 12th century. The ground floor rises 40 ft high and made from stone brick so it’s quite long lasting and still remain until now. Some walls and pillars of temple are stone sculptures of floral details. Go inside Kyauk Gu U Min temple, you will see many Buddha statues with different sizes showing the respect and veneration of people for Buddhism. Myanmar is called as a buddhist country when it occupies nearly 90% of population. You will learn more about the religion as well as the temple through stories from the local tour guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
Traveler pickup is offered
If you stay outside city center, there will be transfer round trip surcharge which depends on your hotel or you will go to the meeting point for starting the tour. We will contact to you directly before the travel date to confirm that;
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wear polite clothes in pagogas and temple. Please no short pants/skirts and tank tops,
- You should bring hat, sunglasses, sun cream and cash;
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.