Half-Day Canyoning Experience in Ribeira dos Caldeirões
Our Canyoning tours will take you to explore magnificent rivers and waterfalls using different techniques (such as jumps, rappel, and slides). Undoubtedly, the best and funniest way to experience the Azorean nature and some of its most impressive natural “monuments” and untouched landscapes!
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Accredited guides;
- All Canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits, socks, helmet and boots);
- Photos / Videos;
- Snacks (on both Full Day and Half Day tours);
- Picnic Lunch (only on the Full Day tour);
- Pick-up and Drop-off (if respective option is chosen).
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick-up and Drop-off (unless respective option is chosen).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeiroes, Estrada Regional Achada, 011, Sao Miguel 9630-024 Portugal
This canyoning excursion takes place in Parque da Ribeira dos Caldeirões, and it's suitable for the most adventurous as much as “first timers”.
Parque da Ribeira dos Caldeirões is located in the north-east part of the island. It takes around 45 minutes drive from Ponta Delgada. Normal physical condition required.
The Half Day Tour takes +/- 3 hours. You will have the possibility of doing rappels, jumps, slides and rock slides. The highest rappel can be 15 meters, and the highest jump around 6m.
There will be some time for the equipment distribution with the help of our guides. Next we need to hike in order to approach the stream followed by a security briefing (in average it can be 20 to 35 minutes hike, depending from the place and the group) . In the full day option we will stop for a snack / pic-nic. We will finish the tour approaching again our cars.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeirões, Estrada Regional Achada, 011, 9630 Achada, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
– The Pick-up time is usually between 08:00 and 08:30 AM at your accommodation. – Consider the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for other areas, please contact us).– When the activity is over, we will leave you in the same place we picked you up.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Remember to wear swimwear and comfortable clothes.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Bring your personal towel, water bottle, hair elastic (if applicable), and sunscreen.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All information here: .
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.