Half-Day City Tour of Cusco
Cusco Birthplace of the world
Striking and natural, Cusco’s history lives in its streets, squares, valleys and towns. Stunning destinations and examples of fine engineering by Inca stonemasons can be seen in Choquequirao, Saysayhuamán, Kenko, PucaPucara, Tambomachay, Qenqo, Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu, the Inca jewel built with the wisdom of the ancient Peruvians in an ecological environment. Captivating landscapes such as the Sacred Valley, where the mountains are clothed by terraces. Pictures villages where the past forms part of the present. Cusco really is the birthplace of the world.
Location: Andes mountain range in the south of Peru
Extension: 72,104 km2.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tourist transportation
- Professional tour guide in only one language (Spanish or English)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to Cathedral and to Qoricancha
- Tourist Ticket for archeological sites outside the city.
- Tips (optional)
- The tour starts picking you up at your hotel, it depends on the schedule you want to chose. If your hotel is outside the historic center. First visit the Cathedral: This impressive Colonial Church dates back to the year 1960 is located in the main square of Cusco, was declared a world heritage site in 1972. Then you will visit others archaeological sites.
Koricancha Temple (Santo Domingo). - “Temple of the Sun” its perfect architecture and stone construction reflect the fact that it was the most important temple of the Inca empire.
Sacsayhuaman. -This construction is attributed to the Incas of the last dynasties, is located 3km from the city of Cusco, in the upper part. According to the chroniclers, it was a solar shrine, this temple was built with large blocks of limestone to protect the city from the attacks of the invaders from the East or Antis. It is formed by three large terraces superimposed in a zigzag shape and bordered by huge rock walls.
Qenqo.-Located a kilometer from Sacsayhuaman, it was a ceremonial center since it is seen in the central part a giant monolith, possibly of an animal, which was the main deity, surrounded by niches, where offerings were placed
PucaPucara. - Old tambo, guard post along the roads Its construction is rustic type consisting of streets, houses, and courtyards.
Tambomachay. - It is located 9 km. of the city, known as the baths of the Inca for the shape of its water sources, could also be a temple dedicated to the cult of water and purification for the Inka.
Departure Point :Plaza De Armas, Oficina # 01 interior, Calle Plateros 326, Cusco 08000, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
Establishments within the Historic Center of Cusco
Departure Time :Departure time 13:00 Hrs. – 18:30 Hrs. Afternoon Tours.
Return Detail :Plaza San Francisco 148, Cusco 08002, Peru
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tourist ticket (not included in the tour)
- It is recommended that you wear long pants
- Waterproof jacket or raincoat
- Sunscreen 30 SPF or more.
- Sun hat
- Camera and films
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.