Half-Day Columbia River Gorge and Waterfall Hiking Tour
The 80 miles of the Columbia River Gorge’s steep rocky sides offer some of the most spectacular scenery in the world: pounding waterfalls, eagles, century-old trees, ferns, flowers, ancient rocks. This half-day of exploring and meditating on wonders with very short hikes and visits to overlooks and vistas will have you gasping in awe.
We'll visit waterfalls and overlooks, selected by our guides to include both the most iconic, like the unmissable Latourell Falls, a stunning plunge-style falls that is one of the most iconic in Oregon, and the special. Depending on weather conditions, this could include a few small hidden waterfalls and another spectacular plunge-style falls with columnar basalt.
We'll also tell you stories, not just of the geology and botany and the oft-repeated tales of pioneers and road-builders, but also the old stories we've learned, of gods and animal spirits and the Beaver princess tragically turned into a waterfall.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water - We'll bring reusable bottles if you've left your own at home!
- Snacks - The best locally-made trail mix we've ever had
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (always appreciated by our passionate guides!)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, Oregon
After meeting you at the starting point, we'll head out in one of our Mercedes Sprinters. The tour all takes place in the Columbia River Gorge, in the waterfall-laden western end of an 80-mile (130-km) canyon.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Multnomah Falls, Interstate 84, Troutdale, OR 97014
**Multnomah currently closed due to Covid! We will visit a replacement waterfall until the closures end**
Multnomah Falls is the tallest waterfall in the state and one of the most impressive, and most photographed, waterfalls in the U.S. If you're chasing waterfalls: this is the one many are seeking to catch.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Latourell Falls, Guy W. Talbot State Park., Corbett, OR
Latourell is the most impressive of the plunge-style waterfalls, tumbling over layers of 15 million-year-old columnar and entablature basalt frosted with lichens and, according to local legend, carries the spirit of a Beaver princess who led a tragic life. At Latourell, you'll have the opportunity for a longer hike, up to 2 miles or 3 km. Breathe deep: you'll experience the rich variety of the forest with all its healing power and spiritual truths.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Vista House, 40700 E Historic Columbia River Hwy, Corbett, OR 97019-9725
**Vista House is currently closed! We will stop to take photos of this architectural icon and see the view.**
At the most beautiful rest stop in Oregon, we'll stop, take a walk to the upper deck (weather permitting), learn about the architectural history, and enjoy what could be the most expensive public bathroom in the Pacific Northwest. We'll also remember the Wasco people, who found this one of their holy places.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Portland Women's Forum State Scenic Viewpoint, 39210 Historic Columbia River Hwy, Corbett, OR 97019, USA
View an expansive vista of the Columbia River Gorge, take photos, and hear the story of who was here before us. We'll also tell you how the waterfalls were created.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Bridal Veil Falls State Park, Columbia River Scenic Highwy, Milepost 28, Corbett, OR 97019
This hidden waterfall is one of the state's most visited and most romantic. A 2/3 mile, 1km hike takes us down to the gorgeous spot that we believe is a genuine fairy land.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :833 SE Main St, Portland, OR 97214, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are keeping van occupancy at 2/3 of capacity so we can properly enforce distance within our vehicles. Because of low tourism volumes, most of our tours are one group only.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.