Half-Day DMZ - Demilitarized Zone-Infiltration Tunnel Tour
★ A journey to understand the world's only divided country
★ View of North Korea from nearest observatory!
★ Visit the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel, Dora Station and Imjingak
Experience the most popular tourist spot of Korea on this 7-hour tour of the demilitarized zone. The DMZ Area is the only place that you can see the reality of the most divided area in the world. Enjoy the following sights: Imjingak Park, the Unification Bridge, ID Check, DMZ theater and exhibition hall, the Third Infiltration Tunnel, Dora Observatory, Dorasan Station, and Amethyst or Ginseng Center. Choose from one of two departure times when you book.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup (in Seoul)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cosmo. Jin Tour - Day Tours, Seoul South Korea
Timeline of Two Koreas' Most Tensed Moments
- Tragic Korean War & Armistice took place
- Military threats near the board line of Korean Peninsula
- Sending spies to South
- 4 secret tunnels dug & found
Until 2017 - 6 Nuclear / 117 Missile Tests Undergone
2018.4.27 - Historic 2018 Inter-Korean Summit
On 27. April, 2018, the whole world had its eye on one very small, yet most iconic area on the Korean Peninsula, Demilitarized Zone, also known as DMZ.
This zone has been known as the most untouched area in the world as no militaries nor civilians can enter from both South and North Korea since Korean War was in ceasefire treaty in 1953. However, now you can get close to DMZ area and have a chance to watch a part of North Korean villages from South side.
As the two Koreas have been moving towards to peace and possibly reunified, DMZ may no longer be as iconic or historic as it is now. Join the tour now before it is too late.
This DMZ morning tour includes visits to major must-see spots in the DMZ with a fully licensed and long experienced DMZ tour guide and hear enlightening commentary on very real stories of North Korea while exploring highlights such as the Dorasan Station, the Dora Observatory, the Third Infiltration Tunnel, the DMZ Theater, the Unification Bridge, Imjingak Park, and others.
Explore the emotional story of two Koreas' separation at Imjinhak Park and the Unification Bridge where you can enjoy the view of the DMZ and read about Korean War history. Move to Dorasan Station to see how two Koreas can be one again in the future, with this station opened and trains running. Visit Dora Observatory to have a glimpse of North Koreans' lives and villages. Walk to the Third Tunnel, which was designed to invade South Korea by tanks in secret and was disclosed by one of the North Korean defectors.
At the end of the journey, have some tea and ginseng product tasting at Ginseng center and if you select the lunch option, try Bibimbap, a traditional Korean dish with rice and various ingredients, or North Korean style cold noodles, a traditional North Korean dish which was offered for both Korean leaders in the recent summit. You will head back to Seoul, near the City Hall, at around 2:00-3:00 PM depending on your selected option and the traffic.
Enjoy other sights such as:
• The Unification Bridge
• ID Check
• DMZ theater and exhibition hall
• Dora Observatory
• Dorasan Station
• Amethyst or Ginseng Center
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :President Hotel, 16 Eulji-ro, Euljiro 1(il)-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Traveler pickup is offered
We provide pick up service to Main Hotels in Seoul Center only.You may also come to our Main Pick up place, the President Hotel, near City Hall
Return Detail :Euljiro 1(il)-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- 1. Sneakers are required for your safety
- 2. Every tourist must travel on the authorized bus and follow the time photo regulation
- 3. If there’s an unannounced military training or official event in the DMZ, the tour will be replaced with a tour of Tomorrow's Whistle-Bunker Beat 131-Odusan Unification Tower-The War memorial of Korea
- 4. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- 5. A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- 6. The 3rd Tunnel is quite steep and requires good physical. Also, requires to lean forward.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 44 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Travel information form to fill in
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.