Half Day Flyfishing Or Spinning In The Limay River from Bariloche
Book a half day private fishing trip, Fly fishing or Spinning, accompanied by our expert and best local guides who will take you for a floating trip on the Limay River. This excursion takes two fishermen by Cata-Rafts, specifically designed boats for fast-flowing mountain rivers, perfect for fishing where motor boats can`t get access. We will float for about 12 km (7 miles) on the Limay River during a half-day trip, fishing from the boat while drifting and also stopping often to wade and fish from the banks in the best spots.
At the end of the excursion, our assistant will meet us on the downriver with trucks and trailers to take everyone back to their lodgings.
We provide all fishing tackle and gear (including rods, reels, lines, flies, waders, shoes, etc.). No fishing experience is required in order to enjoy our customized trips!
IMPORTANT: When making the booking, please specify what type of fishing you wish to do.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Bariloche
- Transport by private vehicle
- All Needed Equipment
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the National Park
- Fishing Licence: easy to acquire at the local airport or in the city, on the way to the fishing zone
- Your guide will pick you up from your hotel/accommodation in Bariloche and you will head towards the Limay River. This is the most important river in the National Park, big water flowing out of the huge Nahuel Huapi from its eastern end about 17 km (11 miles) from the city, winding through dry, rocky mesas spotted with pine forests and offering wonderful scenery and great weather. Populated with mostly rainbow and brown trout, and some Patagonian perch, it offers countless opportunities for fishermen.
From November through March the dry fly possibilities abound, and during the last month of the season, in April, the amazing big trout migrate to the river from the lake. There are five different sections on the river to choose from, each about 10 miles long. The extremely clear water, beautiful scenery, and great fishing make this floating trip something truly unforgettable.
Always accompanied by your guide, you will also learn the history of the Bariloche's region and the best fishing options as well as the local fauna.
After spending the morning or afternoon drifting and fishing, you will join shore, where our assistants will be waiting for you in order for you to take you back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WHAT TO BRING? Comfortable Shoes And Clothes, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Cap.
- FISHING SEASON: The fishing season starts on November 1st and ends on May 1st every year, all around the National Park. However, for off season fishing, lakes Nahuel Huapi, Gutiérrez and Mascardi are open during May and October, and Moreno lake is open the whole year round for all the fishing modalities.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is maximum of 2 people per booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.