Half-Day Food Tour of Tyrolean Cuisine
Our food tour is a leisurely stroll through the city with a local foodie. The tour offers you a unique opportunity to taste the fantastic Tyrolean cuisine, to enjoy local dishes, and to hear the interesting stories behind them. During a four hour tour we will walk through Innsbruck, with various culinary stops. Please come HUNGRY :-) It will be an unforgettable journey through the flavors and culture of the Tyrolean cuisine.
At the "Innsbruck Food Tour" you will get to know and love the Tyrolean capital from its culinary side. No - It's not another cheesy tourist tour. Accompanied by a "local", you can enjoy typical and local delicacies and specialties, with a nice walk through beautiful Innsbruck. We love Tyrolean food and drinks, and we want to share our world-renowned specialties - from sweet to savory - with you! Become a "Foodie", we will help you!
per adult from
What's included :
- PLEASE come hungry and thirsty! The "Innsbruck Food Tour" replaces more than just a lunch! Let yourself be surprised, you will not regret it!
- All tastings and drinks are included in the tour.
- YES, there is alcohol. Typical Tyrolean specialties are also alcoholic drinks. Of course, you do not have to drink it. Alcohol will not be served to children or adolescents, with no exceptions! There are always non-alcoholic beverages for all other tour participants as well.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Innsbruck Food Tours, in front of the Innsbruck Markthalle, Innsbruck 6020 Austria
This and MORE you will enjoy:
We will start with our farmers in the Innsbruck market hall („Markthalle Innsbruck“). They are the backbone of the Tyrolean cuisine. There are also many local farmers who prepare samples, through which they convey their passion for the local and traditional culinary art.
"White or rather crumbly?" - Try a Tyrolean grey cheese („Graukäse“), perhaps in combination with a fiery chutney? On the tour a cheese sommelier will present typical local cheeses.
Then we will dive into the world of bread. Here you will be able to "sniff out" the unique history of baking bread - the kind of insight that usually is not easily accessible for tourists.
In a local bread manufacturer in Innsbruck you will get to know and appreciate bread as a form of ancient cultural heritage, lovingly and passionately produced with hundreds of years of traditional knowledge and experience.
For lunch you will taste specialities from the different Tyrolean regions, indulge your palate with various delicacies and listen to interesting stories.
As Johann Wolfgang von Goethe once wrote, ”If you have eaten and drunk, you are born as new; Be stronger, braver, more skilled at your business". And so lunch will be followed by a digestive walk through the city, the caffeinated and award-winning awakener (coffee), and sweet temptations that tell Tyrolean history.
Next, a culinary, historical journey will take us centuries into the past, until we finally end up at a cozy "Marend" and taste samples of that specialty, with which Tyrol was usually first associated.
Departure Point :Markthalle Innsbruck, Herzog-Siegmund-Ufer 1-3, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Altstadt Innsbruck, Hofgasse 4, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks required for travelers and guide INSIDE buildings - until we reach our seat
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.