Half day Huaca de la Luna and El Sol - Trujillo, Peru
Our Tour to the Huaca del Sol y la Luna in the Moche Valley takes you to know the fascinating Mochica world. Explore with our local guide the inside of the pyramid of the moon and admire its mysterious friezes.
Meet Aia-Paec, the enigmatic God Moche, also known as the decapitador.
Additionally, we visited a pottery workshop, where Moche descendants make faithful copies of ancient pottery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: La Huaca del Sol, Carretera Campina de Moche, Moche 13600 Peru
Our tour to the Huaca del Sol and the Moon in the Moche Valley begins by going to look for your corresponding hotel in the city of Trujillo.
Then we went to the Moche Valley, which is located approximately 8 kilometers away.
During the trip, we will see the imposing Huaca del Sol, which was built in its entirety with adobe more than 2000 years ago.
Eventually we will arrive at the archaeological zone of the Pyramid of the Moon, where we will initiate a walk to its interior.
Once inside the pyramid, we will travel with our guide the different levels of the Pyramid of the Moon.
Following narrow paths, we will find several frescoes which show rituals and bloody ceremonies.
Among the frescoes, we will repeatedly see the images of the god Aia-Paec, which is believed to be the main god of the Moche.
Then we will reach the highest part of the pyramid, where recent excavations have revealed impressive murals.
We will also see the north facade, which is decorated with impressive friezes that show daily life, as well as rites and sacrifices.
Perhaps, one of the strangest friezes is the one that shows a group of naked prisoners taken to what looks like an execution.
Additionally, we will visit the Moche museum, which is located a few meters from the Huaca de la Luna.
Our visit to the museum will complement the archaeological tour, and will maximize even more the experience in the Moche Valley.
Finally, we will visit an artisan workshop where direct descendants of the Moche produce ceramics using old techniques.
After the visit to the pottery workshop, we will return to our hotel in the city of Trujillo.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.