Half Day Ice Climbing in Telluride
Join Mountain Trip's experienced guides for a half-day of ice climbing and instruction in the Telluride area. All technical gear, including ice tools, mountaineering boots, crampons, helmet and harness, are included in the cost.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All technical equipment for ice climbing, including harness, helmet, crampons, ice tools, boots, etc.
What's excluded :
Telluride is home to many amazing moderate ice venues, perfect for first-timers. If you’re just looking to try a new winter sport and mix up your typical ski vacation, ice climbing is a fun challenge for the whole family. If you’re ambitious, the techniques taught in your first day of ice climbing, with some dedication, will one day allow you to climb big routes in the San Juans and elsewhere. Or, you’ll just acquire a unique way to spend time outside in the snowy months!
We find that a half-day of climbing is often best for families, first-timers and those who are short on time and would prefer to stay in the Telluride area.
We have taken children as young as five and adults as old as 75, participants from Telluride Adaptive Sports and Wounded Warriors groups, and a whole range of climbers from all walks of life.
Departure Point :135 W Colorado Ave, Telluride, CO 81320, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Transportation is available only upon request, and may sell out.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/28/2020 - 11/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The majority of our experience will take place outside, but we do ask that climbers come prepared with a proper mask or face covering. Please visit our website for a more thorough description of our Covid-19 protocols and operating plan.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.