Half-Day Jeep Tour from Ponta Delgada - Lagoa do Fogo
Join your guide for this small-group, half-day tour to Lagoa do Fogo. Explore the natural beauty around Lagoa do Fogo's tranquil shores and the blue hue of the natural reserve. Visit the Caldeira Velha with its hot waterfall and natural pool for swimming. Explore a 4WD trail to a fresh water waterfall. Witness evidence of volcano activity at Ribeira Grande, a small town in Caldeiras. Choose from an morning or afternoon departure time when you book with hotel pickup and drop off included.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees in thermal pools and natural parks (2 euros)
- Food and drinks
- Catch a ride from your Ponta Delgada hotel with your local guide and head to Lagoa do Fogo, a crater lake carved out of the island's caldera. You will have your choice of a morning or afternoon departure. Roll between sights in an off-road vehicle, take a dip under the geothermal-heated waters of a cascading waterfall, and learn about the island's volcanic past. In your 4x4 ride, cruise along winding roads that lead to sweeping viewpoints of the lake's cerulean waters and find out how São Miguel's landscape was shaped by dramatic volcanic eruptions.
Along the tour several stops will be made at important viewpoints (optional hikes available at no extra cost). The stops duration can be adjusted but in general not longer than 5 minutes each. In general the tour will take about 3.5 hours from pick-up to drop-off.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Airbnb, Local lodging or pick-up meeting points can be arrange if advised by client in Ponta Delgada or nearby city’s
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated, provided the passenger is accompanied by someone who can help them board and disembark
- A small amount of walking is involved (for specific view points) if accepted by client.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- According to Azorean regulations all passengers are required to wear masks and t4w advises you to bring your own masks according to your preference , if you do not have one we will provide it .
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.