Half-Day Low and Slow BBQ Food Tour in Perth
This is Perth’s only food tour dedicated to good old American Barbecue! Smoked ribs, juicy 16-hour brisket, pulled pork and all the deliciously indulgent trimmings that come with it, need we say more...
For visitors to Perth, this is a great way to see the City from a local's perspective. As you eat and drink your way around Perth on a progressive lunch, you will find some hidden gems and explore areas that you wouldn't see on a regular sightseeing tour. On this food tour you will taste delicious pit smoked BBQ meats and sides from different kitchens as well as discovering some small bars around Perth. For locals, this is a unique and fun day out for food-loving friends!
Our tours are guaranteed to be a maximum of 12 people, so that you get a personalised and memorable experience.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Perth City Hotel or meeting point pick-up and drop-off
- A unique guided food tour around Perth
- Lunch with all food included (a range of smoked meats, sides, dessert)
- Tailor made cocktail at one of Perth's best bars
- A local craft beer or cider
- Meet and greet a Kansas-trained Barbeque chef
- A super friendly, local guide
- Air-conditioned, comfortable transport between venues
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Any additional purchases made at any venues
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Up Close and Local Tours, Perth, Western Australia 6000 Australia
Door to door pick up from your Perth CBD, Northbridge, Crown Perth accommodation or from a central meeting point.
Stop At: Perth, Perth, Greater Perth, Western Australia
The tasting route for this tour takes you to some of Perth's best American style Barbecue smokehouses. As you stop in each neighborhood, your local guide will also point out some interesting local sights and a few other Perth hidden gems that are worth coming back to visit.
The tour includes: A progressive lunch across multiple restaurants and bars with all tastings and some drinks included. You will get to taste all the pit smoked classics such as ribs, brisket, burnt ends, pulled pork, chicken, mac and cheese, slow-cooked beans, pickles, slaw and dessert. An American style cocktail and a local beer or cider are also included; and door to door transport service.
And - did you know that Perth has a chef that has a Bachelor of Barbeque Science and was trained in Kansas by the world’s most accomplished barbeque chef and pitmaster? You will get to meet him on this tour and hear how he uses his smoker to create those traditional flavours we all love.
American barbecue is a very casual style of eating. Cover your ribs in sauce and make new friends as you bond over a 16-hour smoked brisket and a generous side of southern hospitality. One thing we absolutely guarantee is that you will not finish the day hungry!
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Door-to-door pick up from hotels in Perth City, Northbridge or Crown Perth is included. If your hotel is not in the pick up list but is in these areas please include it in your booking notes.Timing for pick up is approximate, Up Close and Local Tours will contact you prior to the tour to confirm your exact pick up time and provide any instructions required for your pick up location.PICK UP - APPROX 11.10am• Hotels/Apartments in Perth City / Northbridge• Next to the Bell Tower at Barrack Square• Outside Wellington Street Train Station (Perth Station)• Crown Perth Hotels
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Non-alcoholic drinks can be substituted for people who don't drink, please advise at time of booking
- For the comfort and enjoyment of all passengers this is an adults only tour (18+)
- Unfortunately we aren't able to provide Vegan food options (some limited Vegetarian options are available). Other dietary requirements can be catered for, please advise at time of booking.
- The duration of the tour is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.