Half-Day Lower Salt River Rafting Tour
Float down the Lower Salt River on a guided flatwater rafting trip and discover a scenic and relaxing desert oasis just outside Phoenix and Scottsdale. Swim, play, or just relax on the river and soak in the scenery. This is a family-friendly activity with options to please everyone. A little paddling is required, but your guide will steer the boat and provide fascinating information about the surrounding Sonoran Desert. A reliable source of water, the Salt River attracts a variety of wildlife, making it common for us to enjoy close encounters with animals in their natural habitat
Tours take about four hours including the drive to/from the river and the duration of the tour. Bottled water and snacks, raft/paddles, a life jacket, dry bags, round-trip transportation and National Forest entry fees are included in this trip. Tour is limited to a maximum of 12 travelers.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Raft & paddles
- PFD (life jacket), dry bags
- Roundtrip Transportation from REI Co-op Adventure Center, Arizona
- Fuel surcharge
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuities are optional but appreciated.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Salt River, Arizona
Raft down a beginner‐friendly river with REI Co-op Experience's guided raft tours on the Lower Salt River just outside Phoenix and Scottsdale.
This class I river (the easiest rating on the international river difficulty scale) provides some of the best opportunities for viewing wildlife and bird watching in the Southwest. We often see wild horses and bald eagles during our tour! Your guides are available to teach you the natural history of the area and give you expert paddling instruction.
We select our launch locations based on the current water flow to provide you with the best experience so our start and end points vary throughout the year. Water temperatures may range from approx. 60 degrees F in the winter to low 80 degrees in the summer months. Swimming is possible year‐round but it can be a bit bracing in January!
Departure Point :REI Co-op Adventure Center Arizona (not a retail store), 17465 N 93rd St, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A minimum weight of 35 lbs is required
- Most travelers can participate
- If you are a solo traveler and would like to be added on to a pre-formed group for this tour, please mention this upon booking.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.