Half Day Mesa Verde Cultural Tour - begins July 1, 2020
Experience all this UNESCO World Heritage site has to offer on this 4 hour small group tour. It provides you with an overall historical view of the Ancestral Puebloans architectural, horticultural, cultural, and religious dimensions of their lives in the Southwest. The interpretive tour guides are all National Association for Interpretation certified. Choose from one of two departure times when you book.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation by air conditioned coach
- National Association for Interpretation certified Interpretive Guide
- Bottled water
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- National Park Entry Fee
- Guide Gratuity (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The tour starts at either 8am or 1:30pm from Far View Lodge, Mile Marker 15, 45 minutes inside Mesa Verde National Park where you will board a comfortable and air conditioned coach. Experience a chronological journey starting with a pithouse village (A.D. 600), the development of pueblos and underground ceremonial rooms called kivas (A.D. 900-1100), to the Classic Pueblo era of cliff dwellings dated from the 13th century. Take amazing photos of Fewkes Canyon Overlooks at Oak Tree House and Fire Temple with a walk around stop at Sun Temple before your visit to either Cliff Palace or Balcony House cliff dwelling. Price includes admission to either one hour ranger guided tour of Cliff Palace or Balcony House depending on the time of year. Learn about the 700 years of Ancestral Puebloan history from our experienced NAI certified Interpretive Guides all while we do the driving and parking.
Cliff Dwellings are at 7,000 ft. elevation. Cliff Palace (open 5/26-9/24) requires a 1/4 mile hike and climbing four 12 foot ladders. Between 4/15-5/25 and 9/25-10/26 visit Balcony House which requires guests to climb a 32 foot ladder, crawl through an 18 inch x 12 foot tunnel and scale a 60 foot rock face. Guests that are unable or unwilling to climb the ladders will visit the Chapin Mesa Museum and Spruce Tree House Overlook during the dwelling tours.
Departure Point :Mesa Top Ruins Road, Mesa Top Ruins Rd, Mesa Verde National Park, CO 81330, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- ADA passengers are accommodated by a visit to Spruce Tree House and Chapin Mesa Museum
- Electric scooters will not fit inside the coach, push behind wheelchairs are accommodated.
- Cliff Palace closed 4/15-5/25 and 9/25-10/26. Balcony House is the substitution
- Cliff Palace requires 1/4 mile hike and climbing four 12 foot ladders
- Balcony House requires climbing a 32 foot ladder, crawling through an 18 inch x 12 foot tunnel, and scaling a 60 foot rock face to exit the site.
- Dwellings are at 7,000 feet
- Dress code:casual with comfortable walking shoes
- Maximum Group Size: 10
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 38 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.