Half Day Mombasa City Tour
Mombasa is a beautiful Kenyan city mixed filled with exotic and scenic attractions, fantastic activities and tropical ambience. Lapped by the Indian Ocean, Mombasa has an amazing shoreline with white sandy beaches stretched out from the South to the North Coast, readily accessible to all. With lovely weather all year round, there’s no better place to soak in the sun, get tanned, forget about jackets, woolies and everything warm. The humid weather can get quite challenging some times, but tropical weather has its own amazing benefits health wise and ideal for your skin as well.
per adult from
2 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Admission Ticket to Fort Jesus Museum
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Fort Jesus Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fort Jesus Museum, Ndia Kuu, Mombasa 00200 Kenya
You will be picked from your hotel at around 8.00 am and drive to Mombasa, a distance of 30 kms from Diani arriving at around 8.30am.
Visit the Akamba hand craft (where you will learn about the wood carvings). Akamba hand craft is one of the largest wood carvings industry and market in Kenya. Thereafter, visit the Indian temple where you will learn about the Hinduism and Lord Swaminarayan and Lord Rama. You will also have the chance to see the elephant tusks which are found along Moi Avenue built in 1952 in the memory of King George of England during the British colonial period. During this time Queen Elizabeth was in Kenya where she became the Queen of England after the death of King George.
Visit the Fort Jesus which was built by the Portuguese in 1593 by architecture from Goa. It later became the government prison during the British colonial period in 1947. Fort Jesus was named fort because the Portuguese were Christians and they sailed with the flag of Jesus. It was built mainly for protection and to control the harbor of Mombasa. There arose war between the Arabs and the Portuguese from 1593 – 1729 where many of them died due to starvation and yellow fever.
You will also explore the old town where you will walk along the narrow streets and visit the old harbor where you will see the old Arabic boats and one of the oldest mahindry mosque found near the old harbor. Proceed to the market where you will learn about the food spices, foods and vegetables. Meet different traders buying and selling different types of goods.
Mombasa also has the largest and the most busy sea port in east and central Africa. Drive back to the Hotel at around 13.30 pm.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Diani Beach, Kenya
2: Mombasa, Kenya
Traveler pickup is offered
WE PICK UP FROM ALL THE HOTELS/AIRPORT IN MOMBASA AND DIANIAirports
- Moi Intl Airport, Mombasa Kenya
- Ukunda Airport, Ukunda Kenya
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.