Half Day Morning Tibetan cultural tour to Tibetan Settlements
This morning half Day Tour is a unique opportunity to spend time in a local Tibetan community with a professional Tibetan tour guide to learn about Tibet, Tibetan people, buddhism, food, its culture, art and craft. Our tours are typically base on educational and Tibetan cultural tour. Our tour guide Mr. Thupten himself is a Tibetan, who was born & grew up in one of the Tibetan village around Pokhara valley. Therefore, he has lots of information to share regarding Tibetan people living in Nepal and how they have well kept their Tibetan language & their buddhist culture. Therefore we encourage our guests to ask as many questions as they have regarding Tibetan people and their culture.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Jangchub Choeling Tibetan Monastery
- Entry/Admission - The Tibetan Encounter Day Tours P. Ltd
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jangchub Choeling Tibetan Monastery, Tashi Palkhel Tibetan Settlement, Pokhara 33700 Nepal
Morning Half day Tour:
Departure: 5:30 a.m.
Return : 08:30 a.m.
We provide pick up and drop off services to and from our guests respective hotels. We charge extra transportation fee for those guests who are staying outside of Lakeside area. Please provide us your hotel name and room number once you have booked your hotel at Lakeside, Pokhara.
Our tours are typically base on Tibetan educational and cultural tour. We encourage our guests to ask questions during our tour regarding Tibetan people and rich Buddhist culture.
Mr. Thupten is the tour guide. He himself was born & grew up in one of the Tibetan village around Pokhara valley. Therefore he has lots of information to share about Tibet and Tibetan people living in Nepal.
Our tours are not private. Usually we get 2 to 3 people in a group.
• Visit the monastery and attend the morning group Pooja (prayer chanting) with the monks and hear the horns, drums, conch shell, trumpet, bell etc used during the prayer.
• Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
• Learn about the symbols and images that are so important in their daily life.
• Enjoy Tibetan breakfast in a local family, where you will get a taste of Tibetan food like, tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: The Tibetan Encounter Day Tours P. Ltd, 17th Street, Pokhara 33700, Nepal
The Tibetan Encounter Day Tour provides a unique opportunity to explore local Tibetan communities. Our tour guide Mr. Thupten himself was born and grown up in one of the Tibetan village at Pokhara. He has lots of experience and information regarding Tibet and Tibetan people living in Nepal. He run this tour about 10 yrs ago. He will also let you encounter with rich cultural heritage of Tibetans in Pokhara, Nepal. In summary it is an educational, cultural tour. Furthermore we provide information regarding Tibetan Buddhism, culture, arts, Tibetan medical practice, Tibetan refugees living in Nepal etc.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Pokhara, Pokhara, Gandaki Zone, Western Region
The Tibetan Encounter day tours are a unique opportunity to spend a day in local Tibetan communities in Pokhara and learn about our rich cultural heritage. We run tours seven days a week.
Tibetan refugees in Nepal are eager to share their philosophies, way of life and dedication to preserving their culture.
It’s certainly a great way to spend your time. So, keep us in mind when you’re looking for things to do in Pokhara Nepal.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide free pick up and drop off services to and from our guests' respective hotels, which are located at Lakeside area. But we charge extra small transportation fee only for those guests whose hotels are located outside of Lakeside area depending on their hotel location. Our pick up time is at 5:30 am. Please provide us your hotel name and room number for your pick up. You can pay us the extra transportation fee directly to us after our tour is finished.
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Dress code is smart casual
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Breakfast, tea, and water is provided
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.