Half Day Nature Safari Float and Tortilla Making Tour from La Fortuna-Arenal
Go Native!! The Safari Float & Tortilla Making combo tour is perfect for Nature lovers of all ages. River guides put your raft up close as you search for monkeys, birds and crocs, as you make your way down the serene and beautiful Peñas Blancas River. Plus you will enjoy an extra special treat -- you will be immersed in the local culture as you learn the art of tortilla making at the home of Doña Mara, and enjoy lunch prepared on a wood stove with one of the local area families. This is truly a unique and meaningful experience that is sure to be one of the most memorable highlights of your trip. Don't just go on a tour, get involved and really experience Costa Rica! This is a tour you are sure to remember forever.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Provided equipment: tube, vest and helmet
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Provincia de Guanacaste, Peñas Blancas, Costa Rica
Your day of adventure and cultural immersion begins on the Peñas Blancas Safari Float, the perfect spot for everyone from the very youngest to the very oldest nature lover in your group to get close enough to hear the sounds of the wildlife.
After a short drive from La Fortuna to the river dock, your guide will supply life jackets and help you aboard the raft for your two-hour float down the Peñas Blancas. Your guide will share his love of Costa Rica and the knowledge and history they know from living in the region.
On this relaxing float down the Peñas Blancas River, you move slowly and stealthily so you won’t disturb the ambiance, which greatly improves your chance of seeing the abundant life that inhabit this river. Monkeys, the Long-Nosed bat, iguanas, Jesus Christ lizards, owls and much more reside along the banks of the Peñas Blancas River.
After returning to the dock, you will depart for the Doña Mara Tortilla Making Experience, and visit with a local family. This time at Doña Maras home will give you a better understanding of the meaning of “Pura Vida” (pure life) experienced by rural Costa Ricans. This authentic cultural experience should be a part of everyone’s visit to Costa Rica!
You will be welcomed with a tropical drink (pineapple, orange and coconut water) at the “rancho” (like a gazebo) and enjoy a delicious typical lunch prepared on Doña Mara’s rustic wood-fired stove. While lunch is cooking, you will get an opportunity to try your hand at making tortillas from freshly ground corn “masa.” You will learn how to flatten the dough into perfect circles, ready for cooking – and for the best part – you will get to enjoy the fresh home-made tortillas served with lunch!
Guests are encouraged to practice their Spanish and learn about the Costa Rican culture while eating lunch with the family.
At the end of the tour, your driver will take you back to your La Fortuna area hotel.
Departure Point :WAVE Rafting, Av. 331, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels outside of normal route may have an extra transportation charge. o Arenal Lodgeo Lost Iguanao Luna Nuevao Bosque de Chachaguao Chachagua Rainforesto Tilajario Leaves and Lizardso Observatory Lodgeo La Mansiono El Castilloo Rancho Margot.o Nuevo Arenal Hotelso Termales el Bosqueo El Tucanoo Lands in Loveo La Garza
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off bus and at end of tours
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.