Half Day Nature Safari Float Tour and Chocolate Tour from La Fortuna-Arenal
Sweet adventure!! When you combine the Nature Wildlife Safari with the Chocolate Tour -- nothing could be sweeter. Rafts are designed to allow the naturalist guides to put you on the edge of the river bank as you search for howler monkeys, white-faced capuchin monkeys, sloths and coatamundis! As you cruise down the lush, peaceful Peñas Blancas River you might see some of the other residents: Long-Nosed bat, iguanas, Jesus Christ lizards, owls and much more. But this is much more than just a nature safari, you will also treat your senses to the rich aromas and taste of chocolate! Learn about the local history and production of cacao during this hands-on discovery tour where you will participate in the production and best of all you will get to sample some of these high-quality gourmet chocolate products! Pure natural indulgence! See why Costa Rica is PURA VIDA!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Provided equipment: tube, vest and helmet
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Provincia de Guanacaste, Peñas Blancas, Costa Rica
Your day of adventure and sweet indulgence starts with a Safari Float down the Peñas Blancas. This is a wonderful river trip for the youngest to the oldest nature lover in your group. The design of the rafts allow you to get up close to the banks as you spot wildlife, flora and fauna.
You will be picked up at your La Fortuna area hotel, and take a short drive to the dock along the Peñas Blancas River. Your knowledgeable, friendly guide will assist everyone with life jackets before helping you board the rafts. During your two-hour float down the Peñas Blancas your guide will share the history of the region and their love of Costa Rica!
You will move along at a leisurely pace down the Peñas Blancas River to improve your opportunities to sight the abundant life that inhabit this river. Monkeys, the Long-Nosed bat, iguanas, Jesus Christ lizards, owls and much more reside along the banks of the Peñas Blancas River.
After returning to the dock, you will depart for the Sweet Chocolate Tour, where you will learn about the history of chocolate from its discovery and through the process of making chocolate in the delicious forms we enjoy eating now.
During this hands-on discovery, you will participate in the production, harvesting of the cacoa, drying techniques and grinding the seeds.
At the end of the tour, you will get a chance to sample some of the high-quality gourment chocolate! Sweet day, indeed.
At the end of the tour, your driver will take you back to your La Fortuna area hotel.
Departure Point :WAVE Rafting, Av. 331, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels outside of normal route may have an extra transportation charge. o Arenal Lodgeo Lost Iguanao Luna Nuevao Bosque de Chachaguao Chachagua Rainforesto Tilajario Leaves and Lizardso Observatory Lodgeo La Mansiono El Castilloo Rancho Margot.o Nuevo Arenal Hotelso Termales el Bosqueo El Tucanoo Lands in Loveo La Garza
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off bus and at end of tours
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.