Half-Day Private Cusco City Tour, Nearby Archaeological Sites and Local Market
Enjoy a private guided tour of this charming city, which was the capital of the Inca Empire. The tour starts with a visit to Santo Domingo Convent, a large Renaissance-baroque complex, which was built over the Inca Coricancha temple. It was one of the most important temples dedicated to worshipping of the sun, and its foundations are still prominent at the base of the convent. Ancient chronicles say the temple was covered in gold leaf. Then, visit the Cathedral at the Main Square and the San Pedro market. Head to the hills above Cusco to visit the remains of the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, whose imposing ramparts offer a stunning panoramic view of Cusco, and the ruins of the temple and amphitheatre of Qenqo, where it is believed the Incas practised agricultural rituals. Admire Qenqo and then visit Puka Pukara (‘Red fortress’ in Quechua) an Inca military complex located on a prominent hill. Finally, visit Tambomachay. Afterwards, return to your hotel.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off.
- Touristic transportation.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish).
- Admission to Coricancha and Cusco Cathedral.
- Entry/Admission - Qorikancha
- Entry/Admission - Cusco Cathedral
What's excluded :
- Cusco Tourist ticket (BTC)
- Personal expenses.
- Snacks and beverages.
- Entry/Admission - Sacsayhuaman
- Entry/Admission - Q'enqo
- Entry/Admission - Puka Pukara
- Entry/Admission - Tambomachay
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Qorikancha, Santo Domingo s/n, Cusco 08000, Peru
This place is also known as "The Temple of the Sun"(QuriKancha: golden temple). Upon the arrival of the Spanish, it became the basis for the construction of the Santo Domingo Convent.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Cusco Cathedral, Portal Belen Plaza de Armas, Cusco 08002 Peru
The Cusco Cathedral has countless works from the Cusqueña school, combining the styles of European devotional painting of the 17th century, with the symbolism of indigenous artists from the Andes of Cusco.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Mercado Central de San Pedro, Tupac Amaru, Cusco 08003 Peru
The central market of San Pedro is the oldest in Cusco. It was opened in 1925 and designed by the French architect Gustave Eiffel. It was part of a section of the Inca trail that connected with the main square. Today there are more than 1180 stores that offer fruits, vegetables, breads, food, handicrafts and others.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sacsayhuaman, Cusco 08000 Peru
Sacsayhuamán is one of the most incredible buildings in the world. It began to be built during the Inca Pachacutec government in the XV century. Approximately more than 20 thousand men extracted the stones from the nearby quarries and transferred them 20 kilometers to the hill in the city of Cusco.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Q'enqo, Cusco Peru
A religious archaeological compound founded on natural rock formations where it is believed that agricultural rituals were carried out. Your guide also informs you about the sacrifices and mummifications that are thought to have taken place here.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Puka Pukara, Cusco Peru
An ancient garrison that was presumably used for military purposes. Wander through its many rooms, open squares, terraces, and towers, where it sits in the jungle on high ground overlooking the Cusco valley.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Tambomachay, Cusco Peru
Tambomachay is located 7 km from the city of Cusco. It has an amazing underground hydraulic system since the Inca civilization venerated water as a deity.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- To visit the 4 archaeological sites (Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puka Pukara & Tambomachay) it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC).
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.