Half-day private getaway to Athens Riviera and Cape Sounion
Contemporary glamour meets ancient legends in this bespoke, half-day private tour to the Athenian Riviera & Cape Sounion. Leave the gray urban landscape behind to discover Athens’ blue and gold playground, where it is always summer: A 70 km coastline leading to Attica’s southernmost tip, with palm tree esplanades, idyllic beaches, fancy establishments, and seaside resorts. On the way to Cape Sounion, will stop at Vouliagmeni Lake.
Once you reach the top of the majestic promontory, you won’t help but gape at the 2500-year-old Temple of Poseidon. The same way that ancient Athenians once did. When the sight of its 16 Doric columns welcomed them back home from their adventures in the Aegean. Enjoy the once seen, never forgotten, spectacle of the fiery sunset.
• Admire the imposing 5th century Temple of Poseidon, climbed on top of a cliff overlooking the Aegean
• Have a selfie against the tangerine sunset - guaranteed instahit on Instagram
• Savor seafood delicacies in a local tavern
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Transport by Luxurious Mercedes Vehicle
- English Speaking Chauffeur - "Tour Insider"
- Welcome & Goodbye Surprise Group's Gift
- On Board - Mini Fridge, WiFi, USB charger sockets per seat
- All taxes, fuel, tolls, parking fees
What's excluded :
- Licensed Tourist Guide
- Entry / AdmissionTickets
- Personal Expenses & Meals (Lunch / Dinner)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Athens, Athens, Attica
FROM ATHENS: A chauffeur-driven private luxurious vehicle will pick you up from your Athens location. Make yourselves comfortable and get ready to experience island magic without leaving the mainland.
Pass By: Glyfada, Glyfada, Attica
ATHENS RIVIERA: Some 20 minutes from the Acropolis the urban setting gives way to an endless summer vibe. Discover a shiny, sunny wonderland lined up with palm trees, upscale beach clubs, secluded coves, and a natural Spa lake. Listen to tales about the Athenian Riviera’s epic nightlife, its glitzy lifestyle and A-lister inhabitants. Take in the scenery, alternating between the bucolic and the resort-like. Gaze at the Aegean’s blue waters gleaming along the way and the nearby islands dotting the horizon.
Stop At: Lake Vouliagmeni, Ethniki Odos Athinon Souniou, Vouliagmeni 166 71 Greece
STOP AT LAKE VOULIAGMENI: The first stop is a 2.000-year-old brackish-water lake blending a stunning, peaceful scenery, with healing properties and a spot of mystery. Sitting beneath the remains of a limestone cavern, it is fed by underground springs coming from the depths of Mount Hymettus. They actually reach as far back that they’ve never been fully mapped. Perhaps that’s why rumors claim that people have disappeared in these underwater tunnels. Truth or fiction, the fact is that the lake’s unique blend of salt and mineral-rich freshwater affords a most therapeutic experience. For this reason, the lake, nowadays a Natura protected area, has been a renowned spa center since the 19th Century. Wash away those aches and pains, or enjoy a natural pedicure as the little doctor fish nibble on your toes. With a balmy 25 degrees Celsius temperature, the lake’s waters are ideal for swimming at any time of the year.
NOTE: Entry to Vouliagmeni Lake is free. Usage of all services requires admission fee which is not included
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
STOP AT SOUNION: Revived and refreshed from your visit to Lake Vouliagmeni, you’ll head to Sounio: Antiquity’s Sacred Cape, where history is intertwined with myth.
Commanding views all the way to Kea, Kythnos and the Peloponnese this is where Aegeus fell to his death. Alas due to a tragic mistake. Legend says that the Athenian king had positioned himself at the edge of the promontory waiting for his son’s return from Crete. When he saw the black sails on Theseus ship he thought that he was killed by the Minotaur- half man, half beast. But the young hero was actually victorious: He had just forgotten to replace the sails. In honor of the king’s untimely demise, the sea was named Aegeo.
Attica’s southernmost tip is also the site of the Temple of Poseidon. Dedicated to the God of the Sea it was erected on top of a 60-meter steep cliff, around the same time as the Parthenon (440 BC). A feat of architecture, the temple’s white marble Doric columns still stand greeting sailors exiting and entering Athens. Bask in the one of a kind Attica light, feel the energy, get a sense of history. Don’t forget to search for Lord Byron’s 19th- century graffiti in one of the pillars. A sight indelibly stamped in one’s memory, the Temple of Poseidon has always attracted the interest of travelers. Even before the onset of the onsite excavations. Opt to visit in the morning to beat the crowds or go in the afternoon to enjoy a (considerable) extra bonus: This is where you’ll witness one of the most spectacular sunsets in Greece; so get your cameras ready! Round off your experience with a seafood feast in a local taverna which is the well-kept secret among connoisseurs.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Athens, Athens, Attica
RETURN TO ATHENS: It's around 1 hour drive back to Athens, where you'll return to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Rafina port, Rafinas, Rafina 190 09, Greece
- Lavrio Port, Port Authority, Lavrio, Greece
- Alimos Marina Harbourmaster, Alimos 174 55, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Comfortable clothes & hat
- Athletic walking footwear
- Sun cream & sunglasses
- Private tour, Family & Kid friendly
- Group Size: Min 6 - Max 15 pax
- Our Chauffeurs/Drivers - “Insiders” are very knowledgeable regarding the places of visit but will not guide you at the archaeological sites. A state-licensed tourist guide is eligible and can give more in depth information regarding historic facts.
- Fully Customizable Tour - "tailored to your wishes"
- Entry to Vouliagmeni Lake is free. Usage of all services requires admission fee which is not included
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We comply with the Greek Health Protocols for Travel Agencies offering Transportation & Tour Services. We would like to reassure you that we follow all the protective and hygiene measures in order to safeguard the health of our guests and our employees.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.