Half Day Private Hire
Being out on the water is the best way to experience a vast area as beautiful as the Clyde. Forget about all that goes on inland and immerse your senses while we whisk you around some incredible attractions like castles, lighthouses and sunken shipwrecks and at the same time get up close and personal with nature and keep your eyes peeled for porpoise, seals, sea eagles, otters and more.
Nowhere else in this area offers such an extensive maritime tour, and can tailor the trip to suit your group’s needs.
If you want to go slow, then we go slow.
If you want to go fast, then yes, we will go fast!
You tell us what you want and we will do everything in our power to make it happen.
We hope to see you soon and welcome you aboard the Starfish Enterprise to enjoy all the Clyde has to offer!
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Marine life identification cards
What's excluded :
- Currently we cannot offer full wet weather equipment so please bring your own.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Holy Loch, United Kingdom
We start and end here in the Holy Loch, Dunoon. Learn about its history from ancient times, through the wars and up tioll the present. There may also be a chance to see sonar images of some WW2 landing craft which were sunk here.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: MV Captayannis, Egyesült Királyság, UK
Once we have reached the famous Sugar Wreck and our skipper has told you the story of how she sank, we will get some hot/cold refreshments served on board, and take a slow trip all the way around this shipwreck. You are welcome to take as many pictures as you like and ask as many questions as you like. We will keep a close eye out for all sorts of wildlife around here such as gannets, seals, and porpoise. We may even see some military vessels in the vacinity. Once we are satisfied, then it is off to the next stop on our Northern Clyde Tour.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Dunoon Castle, Dunoon PA23 7HH Scotland
On our way to spot some seals at the Gantocks lighthouse, you will get some incredible views of Dunoon and especially the Castle, Castle House Museum and the Castle Gardens
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Carrick Castle, Cairndow PA24 8AG, UK
Another destination on our Northern Clyde Tour is 14th Century Carrick Castle, situated on the beautiful shores of Loch Goil and in the shadows of the magnificent hills behind. Keep an eye out for Sea Eagles and other birds of prey as they nest in the forests here.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: RNAD Coulport, Coulport, Helensburgh G84 0PD, UK
The second largest floating concrete structure in the world lies not far from our starting point. We pass this on route to the wonderful Carrick castle.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Holy Loch Marina, Rankin's Brae, Sandbank, Dunoon PA23 8FE, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.