Half-Day Private Tour in Central Rhodope Mountain
Nearby Plovdiv is located Asenovgrad town, better known as the Bulgarian Jerusalem. It is also called the city of brides and its symbol is a medieval fortress named after the Bulgarian king Ivan-Asen II.
Asen’s fortress still controls the passage through the Rhodope Mountains, leading us to the Bachkovo monastery – the second biggest in Bulgaria and the most impressive with its miraculous stories. Once entered in this area, you’ll definitely hear about Mavrud – man, hero or wine? – Many legends are speaking about one fabulous wine – the Mavrud from Asenovgrad!
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport in a modern vehicle (car/minibus) with air conditioning
- Mavrud red wine tasting in Asenovgrad
- Free time in Bachkovo village
- An english speaking tripvam driver – guide
What's excluded :
- Personal expenditures
- Entrance fees: Asen's fortress – 4 leva (2 euro) per person
- Food and beverages
- Insurance (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: tripvam Plovdiv, Mizia street 10A, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
Our adventure starts at 09:00 am. We’ll take you from your hotel or the apartment where you stay.
Then we head to Asenovgrad. In the region is situated Asen’s fortress, which we’ll visit.
Our next stop is the Bachkovo Monastery – surrounded by North Rhodope mountain’s hills. The monastery is situated about 10km away from Asenovgrad. The remains of a Thracian horseman have been found here and possible south from the monastery was situated a Thracian village and a place for worship.
Free time for a walk around, then light lunch in Bachkovo village. After that, we go for Mavrud tasting in Asenovgrad!
Our tour ends at about 1:00 pm when we depart back for Plovdiv.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Wherever you are staying at
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.