Half-Day Private Tour Mtskheta from Tbilisi
Half Day Tour in Old Capital - Mtskheta is the best choice for those, who don't have a lot of free time and want to come along with History and Culture of Georgia. During this tour traveler will visit cultural monuments of Mtskheta, which are under the protection of “UNESCO” and refer to the World Heritage.
• Jvari Monastery
• Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
• Samtavro Monastery Walk in the ancient city with beautiful streets full of souvenir stores and local tasty stuff like Churchkhela and Tklapi.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour/Driving and Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Travel Health Insuranse (only for tour duration)
- Bottled water on board
- Entry/Admission - Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Samtavro Church
- Entry/Admission - Jvari Church
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- In the morning pick up from Tbilisi hotel.
You will combine driving and walking in Old capital of Georgia - Mtskheta.
Mtskheta is situated among rocky mountains and the Aragvi and Mtkvari rivers. Cultural monuments of the region are under the protection of “UNESCO” and refer to the World Heritage. To present day the city of Mtskheta is one of the favourite places of worship for Christians. The tour of Mtskheta begins with introduction to the surroundings of the former capital of Georgia, in particular with the visit of the monastery Jvari (in Georgian “Cross”, 6th century).
In continuation of the tour we will visit Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (1010-1029 years), in the base of which is preserved one of the main Christian shrines - Chiton of the Lord. You will have an opportunity to walk along the streets of the “city-museum” and buy souvenirs and national delicacies (“churchkhela”,”tklapi” etc.) from the local merchants.
In the end of the program - Samtavro Transfiguration Orthodox Church and Nunnery of St. Nino, It was built in the 4th century by King Mirian III of Iberia. This is the place where first christian King Mirian and Queen Nana are buried.
Driving back to Tbilisi.
Departure Point :Tbilisi hotel
Departure Time :Flexible
Return Detail :Tbilisi hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.