Half Day Private Tour: Old Capital of Bahrain City Tour
This four hour tour starts 09.00am, you will visit, Shaikh Isa Bin Ali House, Shaikh Ebrahim Centre, Kurar House and Muharraq souq.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Shaikh Isa bin Ali House
- Entry/Admission - Muharraq souq
- Entry/Admission - Shaikh Ebrahim Center
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shaikh Isa bin Ali House, Shaikh Abdulla Avenue, Al Muharraq Bahrain
Shaikh Isa Bin Ali House Situated in Bahrain's second city Muharraq, the house was constructed by Shaikh Hassan Bin Abdulla Bin Ahmed Al-Fatih and was used by Shaikh Isa Bin Ali as his residence and center of Government from 1869 - 1932. The house consists of four main sections: the family wing, the Shaikh's wing, the Guest's wing and the attendant's wing. The house is designed in traditional style where the rooms are directly overlooking an open courtyard, with a wind tower, a feature of the traditional architecture in the Arabian Gulf region. The house represents the 19th century construction style in which local building materials were used. Such materials included coral stone, mortar and palm tree trunks. The windows are decorated in ventilated gypsum geometrical designs for which Bahrain was well known.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Muharraq souq, Al Muharraq Bahrain
Muharraq souq is most well-known for its halwa or sweet shops. Halwa is a sticky sweetmeat, a little like Turkish delight, which is still made in the traditional way in enormous copper pots, by the halwachi or sweet maker, much as it has been made for the last couple of centuries. The recipe uses butter or oil, sugar and water which is boiled for long periods, and then flavoured with rose water, cardamom, saffron and decorated with almonds, pistachio or other nuts.
One famous shop is that of Hussein Mohamed Showaiter Sweets, but there are many other equally good sweet makers to choose from. Taste the halwa before you buy; fresh warm halwa is sticky and very sweet, but well complemented with a cup of unsweetened qahwa.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Shaikh Ebrahim Center, Muharq, Al Muharraq Bahrain
Shaikh Ebrahim Centre Shaikh Ebrahim bin Mohammed Al Khalifa, a well-known intellectual in the early part of the 20th century. The centre, which is home to research, a library and a lecture hall opened in 2002. This building today hosts a series of rotating lectures, exhibitions and recitals by prominent writers, philosophers and artists from all over the world.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Manama, Manama
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.