Half-Day Private Tuscany Wine Tour to Chianti from Florence
If you are a wine-lover coming to Italy, this Half Day Tuscany Wine Tour is a must. This experience takes you into the Chianti hills, Italy’s finest wine region, and the birthplace of the famous Chianti red wine.
Enjoy the comfort of your own private car and driver, taking you to two gorgeous vineyards. Your first stop is at a renowned historic vineyard, where you will enjoy a tour of the grounds and taste some of the best Chianti wines of the region.
The second stop will take you to a smaller traditional vineyard, where you will enjoy a light lunch coupled with beautiful wines produced on-site. Here, enjoy gorgeous views of the nearby ancient town of San Gimignano.
Your private driver will give you a few anecdotes and stories about the local surroundings as you drive along the countryside.
If you would like to dig a bit deeper into the history of the places you will visit, simply upgrade your tour to include a Private Tour Guide to come along with you for the day!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Experience Italy’s world-famous wine region in Tuscany, the Chianti Hills
- Take pleasure in the comfort and ease of having a private car and driver
- Visit one of the regions oldest Vineyard Estates for top quality Chianti wine
- Enjoy a light Tuscan lunch and breathtaking views of an ancient town
- Immerse yourself in the Tuscan countryside, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Lunch and wine tastings inlcuded
- Non-alcoholic drinks available and included for children
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting included
- Entry/Admission - Castello di Verrazzano
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Florence, Florence, Tuscany
Your day begins with a LivItaly private pickup in Florence or at another convenient location in the Chianti region. With a comfortable private car and driver, you are set to start your Half Day Tuscany Wine Tour in the Chianti Hills, just between Florence and Siena. In this area, the acclaimed Chianti wine has been produced for centuries and you will get to experience two vineyards that produce some of the region’s most prestigious of wines.
Stop At: Castello di Verrazzano, Via di Citille 32, 50022, Greve in Chianti Italy
The first vineyard you will visit is the acclaimed Castello di Verrazzano. Once an Etruscan and then Roman settlement, wine-making on this soil dates back to a thousand-year-old tradition. Does the name Verrazzano ring a bell? Yes, this vineyard belonged to the family of Giovanni Verrazzano, the 16th-century explorer who navigated the waters of New York.
This vineyard estate has been running for over 1000 years, producing some of the best Chianti Classico wine in the world. With 52 hectares of vineyards, an ancient castle and cellar, there is much to see.
Upon arrival, you will join a 1.5-hour Classic Chianti Wine tour led by the estate. On this tour, you will enjoy a guided visit to the Castle’s gardens and ancient cellars, followed by a guided tasting of some of the estate’s best wines. This will include their acclaimed ruby red Chianti Classico DOCG wine, with its intense scents and rich fruity flavors. You may also taste the estate’s own Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Greve in Chianti, Greve in Chianti, Tuscany
After your tour in Castello di Verrazzano, your private driver will be ready to take you onto your next destination another nearby property. Once a convent, and now an elegant farm, you will enjoy being in a typical Italian farm-stay setting, known as an Agriturismo. Vineyards and olive groves surround the property, creating an exquisite countryside setting. Here you will enjoy a light Tuscan lunch with local wines produced by the estate. You will enjoy your lunch outside on their porch with very unique panoramic views overlooking the ancient town of San Gimignano. It is sure to take your breath away.
There is a certain magic to the Chianti Hills, an area in the region of Tuscany. Here you will be immersed in the Italian countryside at its finest. Rolling hills and acres of vineyards as far as the eye can see. Farmhouses and Tuscan villas dotting the countryside, where locals cultivate their crops and visitors stop and taste their produce.
This is what dreams of Italy are made of.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please inform us of the exact name and location of your hotel or vacation residence upon booking. A private chaffeur will pick you up and drop you back off directly there the day of your tour.
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Our small and private groups have always been based on sustainable tourism. We are proud to be at the forefront of innovation especially at this time. Due to Covid-19 safety regulations, sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask. Please bring one for every participant over 6 yrs.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.