Half-Day Sailing on the Derwent River from Hobart
You will be sailing in a Sydney to Hobart race maxi - really sailing - and on one of the most beautiful harbours in the world. The three hours takes in most of Hobart's large sheltered harbour. See Hobart at its best, with stunning views of the city, Mt Wellington and the surrounding forests and hills that make up this most picturesque of cities. You might even see penguins, dolphins or seals (regular visitors), and sometimes even whales and orca.
Grind the winches, take a turn on the helm or relax and enjoy the experience. Delicious local treats will be served for morning or afternoon tea (included in the price), and local wines and beer are available at regular bar prices. The skipper and crew are all experienced professionals with plenty of stories of the high seas and a wealth of local knowledge to share.
Hobart Yachts also offer multi day charters to Tasmania's magnificent wilderness and other great locations. Visit our website for details.
per adult from
What's included :
- 3-hour sail on Hobart Harbour by luxury ocean racing yacht
- Gourmet treats for morning or afternoon tea
- Professional skipper and crew
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hobart, Hobart, Greater Hobart, Tasmania
Sailors will see the beautiful city of Hobart, its historic docks and surrounding mountains and forests from the large sheltered harbour. Sometimes there will be other yachts racing on the harbour and sometimes we will be visited by curious dolphins and seals. Very occasionally we will see whales and orca.
Sailors will experience what it is really like sailing aboard a large ocean going yacht and they can take turns on the winches or even try their hand at the wheel if they like.
Departure Point :Hobart Yachts, 4 Franklin Whrf, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear soft rubber soled shoes. Sneakers are ideal
- A maximum of 18 people per sailing trip
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.