Half Day Small Circuit Tour: Mt Campanario and Llao Llao Peninsula
It is almost compulsory that the first excursion done in Bariloche is the famous Circuito Chico, not only because it shows such an abundance of the places in the mountain range, but also because visitors see and fall in love with this city immediately!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round-trip Transfers from Bariloche Downtown Hotels
- Spanish-English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and Beverages
- Optional Guide Gratuities
- Chair Lift to Mt Campanario
- The tour begins downtown, more precisely on Ezequiel Bustillo Avenue, which borders Lake Nahuel Huapi with a winding layout. This beautiful water body, which is a sight in itself is the largest lake in the region and with its 55,700 hectares, is present almost all through the tour.
The first stretch, in addition to urban architecture, includes the houses of pioneers, the Nautical Club and the Melipal neighborhood. As buildings are left behind, the scenery near the Nahuel Huapi begins to change. From this point, it shows off cypresses, maitenes, coihues and ñires, among other typical trees. In summer, this road acquires brilliant red and yellow colors from the rose hip bushes, blackberry and raspberry plants which bloom all around.
8 kilometers ahead, opposite Huemul Island, lies a beach called Bonita. Farther ahead, Serena Bay is reached, a small bathing resort with a boat ramp.
At the 17th kilometer marker, stands the base of Mount Campanario, which reaches 1,050 meters of height and whose summit may be accessed through a chairlift.
Passing by the San Pedro Peninsula, the itinerary continues towards the Llao Llao Peninsula. At the 24th kilometer marker, the San Eduardo Chapel, Puerto Pañuelo and the Llao Llao Hotel may be spotted. Totally refurbished and with all its facilities open, the classical hotel is one of the best known postcards in Bariloche, with panoramic sights of the national park and Lakes Perito Moreno and Nahuel Huapi.
The Llao Llao Municipal Park protects forests of coihues and cañas colihues, as well as creepers, bushes and other trees, which may be seen when hiking along its trails.
After passing by Villa Tacul and Lake Escondido, the joint between Lakes Nahuel Huapi and Perito Moreno is reached. This is crossed by Bridge Angostura, over the river bearing the same name. This is the ideal spot to have a break and go down to the rocky beaches of both lakes, lying 150 meters from one another.
The circuit also shows the mountaineers cemetery, the Swiss hamlet and, finally, the panoramic or vantage point over Lake Moreno, at the 40th kilometer marker.
The way back begins at El Trébol Lagoon and continues to the joint with Bustillo Avenue, which leads back to the city center.
Thus, traveling along just 60 kilometers, visitors may admire lakes, mountains and native forests of singular beauty.
Departure Point :San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located hotels
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that there are some hotels in the city that are not included in our pickup routes. If your hotel is not included, we will contact you to inform you of the closest pick up location. We ask that you wait for the guide in the lobby of the hotel indicated
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.