Half Day Tibetan Cultural tour.
This half Day Tibetan cultural Tour is a unique opportunity to spend time in a local Tibetan community with our professional Tibetan tour guide to learn about Tibet, Tibetan people, buddhism, food, its culture, art and craft. Our tours are typically base on educational and Tibetan cultural tour. Our tour guide Mr. Thupten himself is a Tibetan, who was born grew up in one of the Tibetan village in Pokhara. Therefore, he has lots of information regarding Tibetan people living in Nepal and how they have well kept their Tibetan language & their buddhist culture. Therefore we encourage our guests to ask as many questions as they have regarding Tibetan people and their culture.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tibetan educational & cultural day tour
- Learning Tibetan culture
- Meeting with the Tibetan doctor to learn about Tibetan medical system.
- Visiting Tibetan carpet workshop and showroom and learn how Tibetan people introduce Tibetan carpets
- Enjoying Tibetan foods in a local Tibetan restaurant.
- Visiting Tibetan buddhist monastery.
- Pick up and drop services to and from our guests respective hotels.
What's excluded :
1) Our tour guide Mr. Thupten himself is Tibetan. He will explain how the Tibetan people came to Nepal in the early 60s and established the Tibetan settlements in Nepal.
2) You will learn about Tibetan arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau. In addition learn how the Tibetan people introduced their unique skills in making Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
3) You will also learn about the symbols and images that are important in their daily life.
4) Our guests will meet with the Tibetan doctor and learn about Tibetan medicine, treatment and our Tibetan medical system. The doctor will explain how Tibetan medicines are used in treatment. There is also the opportunity to have the first-hand experience of a medical checkup from a Tibetan doctor.
5) Likewise visit a settlement photo gallery. The photos were taken when Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
6) Visit buddhist monastery and learn about buddhist monks life in their monastery.
7) Learn about Tibetan schools, kindergarten and our educational system in the Tibetan settlements.
8) We provide afternoon lunch including simple Tibetan momos, thenthuk, cold & hot drinks.
• Tashiling Handicraft Centre, Chhore Patan, Near Davi's Fall, Pokhara 33411 Nepal
• Shree Gaden Dhargay Ling Monastery, Pokhara 17, Pokhara 33700 Nepal
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide free pick up and drop off services to and from our guests' respective hotels, which are located at Lakeside area. But we charge extra small transportation fee only for those guests whose hotels are located outside of Lakeside area depending on their hotel location. Our pick up time is at 9 am sharp. One can pay us the extra transportation fee directly to us after our tour is finished.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.