Half-day Tijuca Forest Family Hike
Visit Tijuca Forest Park main sector and hike by the old bridge Job de Alcântara built in 1860 (used in the movie Hulk), Mayrink Chapel (buil in 1850) and the Visitor´s Center. Our guides will take you to hike on an easy ascending trail in the tropical rainforest where you'll experience the nature of the jungle reaching the Cascatinha Summit (1722ft=525m) with an amazing view to the valley and the highest mountains. After the hike, you'll be rewarded with a refreshing dip in a river*. The tour also includes visitng the Chinese View summit (Vista Chinesa), probaby the most famous summit in Rio, with a great view to Christ Redeemer and Sugar Loaf compsing mountains and beaches of Rio.
*Swim in the river is optional. The flow and deepness can cary according to the intensity of the rains on the season.
- Taunay Waterfall
- Vista Chinesa
- HIke to Cascatinha Summit
- Swim in a river after the hike
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Licensed tour guide
- Guided Hike
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport in small vehicle (max. 6 people) / (optional air conditioner)
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Food, water, drinks
- Pick up/drop off OUT of the designated meeting points/areas
After pick up at designated hotels in the South Rio, you'll be driven to Tijuca Forest Park, visit the highest waterfall (Taunay Waterfall) and then start the hike. In a loop circuit of trails, going up and down hill with moderate to easy difficulty level (suitable for children 6+), you'll get to the more historical part of the park, that used be a coffee farm in 1800s. Visiti an old chapel (built in 1850), a bridge from 1860 and also the Visitor's Center. The hike has 4.5km (2.8mi) and in a second moment you'll explore a deeper part of the rainforest and reach Cascatinha Summit (525m=1725ft), with a great view of Tijuca Forest valley. After the 2,5h hike, you'll get next to a river where is possible to swim and refresh. On the way in or out to the Tijuca Forest, the tour stops by Vista Chinesa, one of the most famous summits of the park, that reveals a great view to Rio and one of the very few places where is possible to capture Christ Redeemer and Sugar Loaf in the same frame, together with the green hills of Rio... a great picture opportunity. Join this soft-adventure, hike, swim and experince all the lush of Tijuca Park, one of the largest urban forest in the world.
• Jungle Me - Hiking and Trekking Ecotours, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22010-010 Brazil
• Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
• Cascatinha Taunay, Estrada Floresta da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-510 Brazil
• Capela Mayrink, Rua Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 21043-080 Brazil
• Mirante das canoas, Estrada das Canoas, km 3 Sao Conrado, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
• Vista Chinesa, Estrada Dona Castorina Parque Nacional Da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-320 Brazil
Departure Point :South Zone (Rio de Janeiro), Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Transport is included from designated hotels (more than 100 options) on the neighborhoods of Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Leme, Santa Teresa, Flamengo and Botafogo. Choose the best/closest option on the list as your meeting point.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Some fitness required. About 2h of hike - easy trail but going up and down on rough terrain. NO technical rock climbing, just hiking.
- Hike details: 4,5km (2.8miles) (up and down rough terrain), 2h, elev. gain 313m=1026ft.
- Passport name, number and date of birth is required at time of booking for all participants (for insurance)
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to rainy weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not recommended for child under 5 and they must be accompanied.
- Maximum of 6 participants on the tour (or you can choose a private option)
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Oxygen saturation check of staff and customers. Positioning in the vehicles leaving an empty seat between participants that are not together. Face shield provided for customers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.