Half day tour : Cité de Carcassonne & Canal du Midi. Shared tour from Toulouse.
The Cité de Carcassonne is a "must see" when traveling in France. this is a miedieval beauty and the biggest fortified City in Europe. You will be amazed by its old stones and its history.
If the minimum of 4 participants adults is not reached 12 hours before the tour starts, it can be canceled. This tour can be booked "private" in order to have a guarantee departure with no minimum of participants.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Private guide and driver.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Personal insurances.
- Entry/Admission - Historic Fortified City of Carcassonne
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castelnaudary Tourisme, Place de la Republique Republic Square, 11400 Castelnaudary France
We first stop on the way at Castelnaudary to see the Canal du Midi « Grand Bassin » and the St Roch lock, a listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Historic Fortified City of Carcassonne, A61 West Sur la Rive droite de l'Aude, 11000 Carcassonne Center, Carcassonne France
Then we visit La Cité de Carcassonne that is known for its UNESCO World Heritage listed walled city. A medieval fortress settlement with a history that exceeds two and a half thousand years and has over 3 km of walls with 52 towers.
The Cité is a beautiful and interesting place to visit. Strolling through the medieval village with its tiny and twisted alleys, the beautiful little buildings next to impressive buildings like the Basilique St-Nazaire, give you a hint of how life must have been. The inner detail-orientated arrangements transport the medieval charm and impress you at every other corner in this town. Make sure to walk with open eyes through the alleys!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Metro Ramonville, 2 Avenue Flora Tristan, 31520 Ramonville-Saint-Agne, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.