Half-Day Tour from Skopje: Millennium Cross and Matka Canyon
If you enjoy being in nature and want to know and see more than the usual, experience what every tourist does in Skopje. Go beyond Skopje’s surrounding beauties and visit Millennium Cross and Canyon Matka. After a short cable-car system reach the Millennium Cross on the top of Mount Vodno, for a spectacular panoramic view of Skopje. Visit the nearby village of Gorno Nerezi and the St. Pantelejmon church, to witness the frescoes that are among the highest achievements in existing Byzantine art. Before returning to Skopje, travel to Matka canyon, one of the most popular outdoors destinations in the surrounding of Skopje.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English speaking guide
- Cable-car ride to Millennium Cross
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Millennium Cross
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance tickets
- Optional entrance at St. Pantelejmon (2 EUR) and St. Andrew (1EUR) payable on the spot
- Optional boat ride on canyon Matka
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Entry/Admission - Church of St. Panteleimon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Skopje Fortress Kale, Old Town, Skopje Republic of North Macedonia
The Skopje Fortress, commonly referred to as Kale, is a historic fortress located in the old town of Skopje, the capital of North Macedonia. It is located in Centar municipality and situated on the highest point in the city overlooking the Vardar River.
Stop At: Millennium Cross, Vodno Mountain, Skopje Republic of North Macedonia
The Millennium Cross is a 66-metre tall cross situated on the top of Vodno Mountain in North Macedonia and is 15 kilometers outside the capital city Skopje. It is one of the tallest crosses in the world.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Church of St. Panteleimon, Nerezi village, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
The Church of St. Panteleimon in Gorno Nerezi, North Macedonia, is a small 12th-century Byzantine church located in a monastery complex. The church and monastery are dedicated to St. Panteleimon, the patron saint of physicians.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Matka Canyon, Street 1, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
Matka is a canyon located west of central Skopje, North Macedonia. Covering roughly 5,000 hectares, Matka is one of the most popular outdoor destinations in Macedonia and is home to several medieval monasteries. The Matka Lake within the Matka Canyon is the oldest artificial lake in the country.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Mountain of Vodno, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
Vodno is a mountain in North Macedonia. It is located in the northern part of the country, to the southwest of the capital city Skopje. The highest point of the mountain is at Krstovar peak, on 1066 meters and the submontane is on 337 meters.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Porta Macedonia aka Gate Macedonia, Boulevard 11th October Square Pela, Skopje Republic of North Macedonia
Porta Macedonia is a triumphal arch located on Pella Square in Skopje, North Macedonia. Construction started in 2011 and was completed in January 2012. The arch is 21 meters in height
Departure Point :Parking Skopje Citadel, Skopje 1000, North Macedonia
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Gate Macedonia, 11th October St., Skopje 1000, North Macedonia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Instant Confirmation
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start of the tour
- Tour operates rain or shine, hot or cold, year round.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.