Half Day Tour in Punta del Este and Jose Ignacio
Discover José Ignacio and its quiet beaches. Located 40 km from Punta del Este, José Ignacio is a beautiful town known as an oasis of peace on the Atlantic Ocean.
During this 5-hour tour, we will visit La Barra, Manantiales, El Chorro, Balneario Buenos Aires, Punta Piedras and José Ignacio.
We will discover incredible secrets about the sea and its inhabitants and we will enjoy the peace of José Ignacio and we will be dazzled by the contrast between the rich celebrities of the international Jet Set, with the local fishermen.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round trip transfer from / to the central hotels of Punta del Este
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to museums / sites
- Entry/Admission - Museo Del Mar
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Playa Montoya, Ruta 10, La Barra, Maldonado 20001 Uruguay
After being picked up by your hotel in the center of Punta del Este, we will take route 10, parallel to the seashore, allowing us to enjoy stunning views.
We will pass through the Montoya and Bikini Beaches, the Manantiales Terraces.
Stop At: Jose Ignacio, Jose Ignacio, Maldonado Department
Finally we will arrive at José Ignacio, where in a wild and unforgettable landscape, fishermen coexist with the rich and famous.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Faro de Jose Ignacio, Playa de Jose Ignacio, Maldonado 20000 Uruguay
We will visit the José Ignacio Lighthouse, the Main Square, the Amphitheater, and the Parish of "Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception".
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Laguna Jose Ignacio, Jose Ignacio Uruguay
Continuing, we will walk along the walk of the artisans and we will discover the Lagoons of José Ignacio and Garzón, offering a wonderful landscape.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museo Del Mar, Romildo Risso, La Barra, Maldonado 20100 Uruguay
Afterwards, we will have time for lunch (not included) and when we return to Punta del Este, we will visit the Museo del Mar (entrance NOT included, cost US $ 4.00 per passenger approx).
This museum contains perhaps the largest exhibited collection in the world, more than 5000 specimens that one never imagined having seen, marine fauna of the place and of the world, Sea Snails, Corals, Sea Horses, Hedgehogs, Starfish, Crabs, Skeletons of Whale, Turtle Shells, Shark Jaws and much more.
See the spas from before in old photographs and learn about the history of Punta del Este and its famous people.
Finally, after 5 hours touring the shore, we will leave you back at your hotels in the center of Punta del Este.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Punta del Este, Maldonado Department, Uruguay
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up is done from downtown hotels in the city. If your hotel is outside the area, we will confirm a meeting point for you.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please note that the tour departs with a minimum of 3 passengers. If this requirement is not met, you will be reimbursed.
- Most travelers can participate
- Important: Tour not suitable for cruise passengers.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain social distance, in case they do not respect the basic safety measures they will be asked to leave the tour. The maximum capacity of the services will be reduced in order to guarantee social isolation.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.