Half Day Tour Including Lunch To Szentendre - The Village of Artists
This tour is a must! The Village of Artists located only half an hour drive from the city center of Budapest and it is a perfect place to discover the local Hungarian community, the true Hungary! Local shops, museums, exhibitions make the visit as enjoyable as possible, topped with an amazing lunch at a great restaurant with super delicious meals.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrace fees to Marzipan Museum, MicroWonders Exhbition, Szanto Memorial House
- Entry/Admission - Szamos Marzipan Exhibition and Workshop
- Entry/Admission - Mikrocsodak Muzeuma
- Entry/Admission - Szanto Memorial House
- Entry/Admission - Kereskedőház Café and Restaurant
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Szamos Marzipan Exhibition and Workshop, Dumtsa Jeno utca 12., Szentendre Hungary
The first attraction we are going to visit will be the Marzipan House, a fantastic exhibition of sculptures of marzipan made by local Hungarian artists and the whole brand itself named after Szamos, a local marzipan factory existing from the 1930s. You will get an opportunity to taste marzipan and buy some marzipan sweets at their local store.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mikrocsodak Muzeuma, Alkotmany utca 2, Szentendre 2000 Hungary
Once we finish at the Szamos Marzipan Exhibition we will continue our tour at the main pedestrian walk of Szentendre with small little shops of Artists, arriving to the main square and taking some nice photos. We will stop by at the second exhibition called MicroWonders. A Ukraine born artists managed to create small little sculptures which can not be visible with naked eye, only by using a magnifying glass. An unbelievable display of the smallest Coca Cola bottle, the smallest book and so on!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Szanto Memorial House, Alkotmany utca 4, Szentendre 2000 Hungary
The Szanto Memorial House is the smallest synagogue in the world! It was built in 1998 in memory of a famously known local Jewish family, the Szanto's, which were murdered during WWII. You will be provided with an in-depth story of this family and view their belongings which were left behind and saved.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Main Square (Fo ter), Szentendre Hungary
Once we finish our guided walking tour and visited the Marzipan Museum, the MicroWonders Exhibition, the Szanto Memorial House, you will receive from us valuable free time to visit all the local shops and discover this little magic town and enjoy taking some memorable pictures at the Danube shore.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kereskedőház Café and Restaurant, Szentendre, Fő tér 2, 2000 Hungary
Once you finish with your free time given, the lunch will be served at a local Hungarian restaurant located at the main square. (Those who wish to have a kosher lunch, the meal will be served at the local Chabad synagogue, few mins walk from the main square)
You will have the option to choose 1 from 4 different soups, 4 different
main dishes and 4 different desserts.
2. Goulash soup
3. Creamy vegetable soup
4. Chicken soup with noodles
1. Chicken Paprikash, chicken leg in paprika sauce served with white dumplings
2. Goose leg in oven served with potato puree, cooked red cabbage
3. Spaghetti in tomato sauce and dry tomato pieces
4. Beef steak served with potatoes baked in the oven
1. Viennese strudel (apple pie) served with vanilla ice cream
2. Hungarian Pancake filled with white sweet cottage cheese
3. Hungarian white sweet cottage dumplings with sweet sour cream, breadcrumbs and powdered sugar
4. Tapioca pudding with forest fruits
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, Budapest, Erzsébet tér 7-8, 1051 Hungary
Traveler pickup is offered
We will provide with exact time for pickup 1 day before the day of the trip. Please be ready for pickup at the lobby/entrance of the hotel at the exact time provided. It is very important to be punctual since we are picking up additional participants and each one of you being picked up based on a built schedule/timeline. Therefore, please pay extra attention so we can start the tour on time with no unnecessary delays and the rest is on us. Sit back relax and just enjoy the tour :)
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.