Half day tour of Lisbon
Cosmopolitan Lisbon is a city of diversities. This tour begins precisely at the newest neighborhood, Park of Nations, where the World Fair was held in 1998. Than we’ll take you back 900 years in time to visit Alfama quarter, the old heart of Lisbon, the Moorish neighborhood where fado, the Portuguese national song, was born. We walk through the squares and main streets of Baixa Pombalina, Rua Augusta, Rua do Ouro and Rua da Prata, in direction to the river. This estuary of light that we will soon see again from the top of Eduardo VII Park.
Next on our tour is Belem, where the past of Portuguese discoveries is displayed in the splendor of the Monastery of Jerónimos and the Monument to the Discoveries. This is where we will taste the famous Pastel de Belem. Finally, we’ll cover the bohemian and cosmopolitan quarters of Bairro Alto and Chiado.
Let us drive you in the comfort of a Mercedes-Benz vehicle, with AC and WiFi, and be escorted by one of our certified professional driver-guides.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- High comfort Mercedes Benz vehicles
- Certified professional driver-guide
- WiFi and bottled waters on board
- Accident and liability insurance
- All taxes included
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Clients meals
- Entry/Admission - Parque das Nacoes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque das Nacoes, Avenida Dom Joao II 13B, Lisbon 1990-998 Portugal
Expo98 is where the 1998 World Fair took place, now called “Parque das Nações”, it is the most recent district/quarter of the city of Lisbon where you can admire some of the most beautiful marvels of modern architecture (Vasco da Gama Bridge, the Oriente Train Station, the building towers of São Gabriel and São Rafael, Vasco da Gama Shopping Center, among others). Stops for photos and a visit to the Oceanarium (optional-entrance fee applies) voted by Tripadvisor the best in Europe.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Alfama, Lisbon Portugal
The oldest quarter of Lisbon dates back to the time of the Moors’ conquest of the city (8th to 12th centuries). The panorama views from the famous “miradouros” of Santa Luzia and Senhora do Monte are a must-stop on our tour, where you can contemplate the wonderful sights of the Tagus River and of the city. We will explore the narrow cobblestone alleys and streets where the facades of traditional houses are covered with beautiful tiles, an Arabian heritage in the Iberian Peninsula. Also, it is here that Fado , the Portuguese national song was born. Two other places of interest are, the Lisbon Cathedral (built-in 1448) and the Church of St. Anthony, patron saint of lost causes and weddings, (built on the site where he was born). Visit the Castle of São Jorge (optional) conquered by Dom Afonso Henriques (the first king of Portugal) from the Moors in 1147.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores, Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores, Lisbon, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
In 1755, Lisbon was the site of the biggest earthquake ever recorded in Europe. At the time, the Marquis of Pombal took on the mission to reconstruct the city center which was completely ruined and devastated due to this catastrophe. And as such, the first modern European city was born: “Baixa Pombalina” with its urban and geometric architectural plan, it became the model used in the construction of other new cities, especially in the New World (for example Manhattan in New York, Chicago city center, etc.) Here we will visit the famous squares “Praça do Comércio” and “Rossio” (statue of the First Emperor of Brazil, D. Pedro I), Rua Augusta (the most important pedestrian street in Portugal, with its famous Arch of Triumph.
Stop At: Parque Eduardo VII, Av. Sidonio Pais, Lisbon 1070-051 Portugal
On our way to “Parque Eduardo VII”, we will drive through “Avenida da Liberdade”, Lisbon’s Champs d’Élysées, one of the most beautiful avenues in the world. Besides the unique green vegetation, it is also famous for its national and international brand name shops, a paradise for glamorous shopping sprees. We will pass by the most imposing monument in Lisbon, a tribute to one of Portugal’s biggest national heroes, Marquis de Pombal. As we arrive at the top of “Parque Eduardo VII”, we can admire the wonderful view of the city and of the Tagus River.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Belem, Belem, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
Belem is the district/quarter of Lisbon that is dedicated to the great Portuguese explorers of the 15th and 16th centuries. Portugal was the first globalized country in the world with the arrival of its explorers to all continents. The Portuguese empire became one of the largest in the history of humanity. The majestic monuments that we find here are a reflection of the golden era in the history of Portugal: Monastery of Jerónimos, Belém Tower, and the Monument to the Discoveries with the statues of the great Portuguese sailors and explorers, Pedro Alvares Cabral, Vasco da Gama among others. Finally, there is a must-visit to the famous “Pastéis de Belém”, one of Portugal´s most typical pastries/sweets.(entrance fees apply)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Chiado, Lisbon Portugal
The bohemian quarter of Chiado was devastated by a terrible fire in 1988 and was the object of a careful reconstruction project led by the Portuguese architect Álvaro de Sisa Vieira. It is, without a doubt, the busiest district in Lisbon. It is here that the streets “Rua do Carmo” and “Rua Garrett”, where we can find Café “A Brasileira” (with a statue of the poet and writer Fernando Pessoa, a regular client of this café), come alive every day!
“Bairro Alto”, is named as such because it is located in one of the seven hills of Lisbon. It is an old quarter dated back to the 16th century and has become a local favorite among the “Alfacinhas” (a name given to the native people of Lisbon) where they can enjoy Lisbon’s nightlife. Its countless bars, restaurants, and “Fado houses”, attract people of all ages, social classes and ethnic backgrounds because of the cosmopolitan ambience with a touch of medieval charm!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your assigned driver-guide will meet you at the place designated by you (within the city of Lisbon)Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Premiere Tours complies with the new SAFETY standards in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Health of Portugal, providing protective masks and hand sanitizing products to our guides and our valued customers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.