Half-Day Tour Of New Delhi With Lunch
This half-day afternoon tour takes you to some sites around Connaught Place, the central business district of Delhi. After a South Indian lunch (beverage excluded), visit an ancient temple and a gurdwara. Next drive over to the National Gallery of Modern Art and get a glimpse of contemporary art trends in India. Later drive down India Gate, also known as the Champs Elysees of India and Raj Path, the wide sloping avenue that leads to the Presidential Palace.
• A South-Indian lunch
• Hanuman Temple
• Bangla Sahib Gurudwara
• National Gallery of Modern Art
• India Gate
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - National Gallery of Modern Art
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hanuman Temple, Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the afternoon and driven to Connaught Place in the heart of New Delhi. This commercial district was built by the British in 1931 and is famous for its colonnaded, crescent shaped white buildings that have some of the oldest shops of New Delhi.
The first stop will be lunch at Delhi’s most renowned South Indian restaurant - Saravana Bhavan (beverage excluded). You may have to wait for a little while to get a table, but it is definitely worth it.
After lunch visit the ancient Hanuman temple, one of the oldest temples of India that is dedicated to the Monkey God, Hanuman.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Ashoka Road Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001 India
Next walk down to the nearby Gurudwara Bangla Sahib. Made of white marble, the golden dome of the gurdwara can be seen from miles around. The gurdwara complex has a water pond that is believed to have healing powers. The large kitchen of the gurdwara prepares meals for thousands of people daily. Watch the volunteers at work in the kitchens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Gallery of Modern Art, Jaipur House, India Gate Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India, New Delhi 110003 India
Afterwards, spend some time at the National Gallery of Modern Art that contains some of the finest pieces of modern and contemporary art.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Indian War Memorial Museum, Inside Red Fort, New Delhi 110006 India
After exploring the gallery you will be driven to the magnificent War Memorial at India Gate built in memory of the 70 000 British Indian soldiers who lost their lives in the First World War. Next drive up the splendid avenue of Rajpath that leads to the Presidential Palace.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Dress code is smart casual.
- National Museum remains closed on Mondays.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.