Half Day Tour of the Sillar Route in Arequipa
The ashlar route runs through the interior of the quarries, the same ones that transport the visitor to the origins and understanding of how the historic center of Arequipa, declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco, originated.
When visiting the quarries in operation you will be able to observe live the ancestral process of extraction of blocks and the carving of the ashlar made by the hand of man.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Canteras de Sillar
What's excluded :
- Soda/Pop - Snacks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arequipa, Arequipa, Arequipa Region
We start our tour starting from the historic center towards the CANTERAS, on the way we will learn about the constructions in the city based on the volcanic rock (Sillar) with our professional guide. On the way, our first stop will be at the Mirador de Volcanes where we can appreciate the 3 volcanoes that surround the city such as: MISTI, CHACHANI and PICHU PICHU, there we can take spectacular panoramic photos.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Canteras de Sillar, Quebrada de Anashuayco, Arequipa Peru
We continue with the journey to the quarries; the place where the white city originated, we will enter the Sillar Quarries where we will observe the immense cliffs worked by human hands. After an explanation by the guide and some magnificent photos we will have an experiential time to share and interact with these peculiar characters the ancient technique of ashlar extraction that is still preserved from the colonial era to the present day.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Culebrillas, Lurín 15846, Peru
Continuing with our tour we will board in the transport to visit the QUARRY OF CULEBRILLAS QUARRY where we will make a fascinating walk of 20 minutes. Inside shingles we will feel a mysterious and unique environment where we can see the presence of petroglyphs that will take us to the life and beliefs of ancient man as this is a sacred place with pink walls, then we will see the presence of apachetas where their symbolism will be made known They will also have the experience of putting together their apacheta.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :Museo del Pisco AQP, Calle Moral 229, Arequipa 04000, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
The collection with the closest time will be prior coordination with one of our representatives.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/29/2020 - 10/18/2021
Monday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Tuesday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Wednesday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Thursday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Friday: 12:00 AM - 11:00 PM Saturday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Return Detail :Museo del Pisco AQP, Calle Moral 229, Arequipa 04000, Peru
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.