Half Day Tour of the Templars in Tomar
This tour is a fantastic trip to the history of Portugal, its origin and the military and religious orders that contributed to the construction of Portugal.
During this tour you will have the opportunity to visit the headquarters of the Order of the Templars in Portugal, located in the city of Tomar, which materializes in the Castle of the Templars and in the Convent of Christ, to know all the mystics associated with this Military and Religious Order. Visit the Pantheon of the Order of the Templars which is located in the Church of Santa Maria dos Olivais, today we can see the tombstone of D. Gualdim Paes - 3rd Grand Master of the Order of the Templars in Portugal.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Entrance to the mentioned monuments
- Entry/Admission - Convento de Cristo
- Entry/Admission - Igreja de Santa Maria dos Olivais
- Entry/Admission - Castelo de Tomar
What's excluded :
- Lunch - It does not include any meals.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Convento de Cristo, Igreja do Castelo Templario, Tomar 2300-000 Portugal
In 1420, with the castle then the seat of the Order of Christ, Infante D. Henrique, the Navigator, transformed the military house into a convent, for the branch of contemplative religious that he introduced to the Order of Christ, and adapted the Alcáçova for his home. manorial.
At the beginning of the 16th century, D. Manuel I, King and Governor of the Order of Christ expands the Templar Rotunda to the west, with a new extramural construction, which initiates a decorative discourse that celebrates the Portuguese maritime discoveries, the mystique of the Order of Christ and the Crown in a grand display of power and faith.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Igreja de Santa Maria dos Olivais, Avenida da Horta D'El Rei, Tomar 2300-304 Portugal
The church of Santa Maria dos Olivais has been a pantheon of the Order of the Temple since the 13th century and there are buried some Templar masters, among them D. Gualdim Pais.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Castelo de Tomar, Colina do Castelo, Tomar 2300-000 Portugal
The castle was founded in 1160 and comprised the walled village, the terreiro and the military house located between the
Mestre, the Alcáçova, and the knights oratory at the roundabout, the Charola, was completed in 1190.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/2/2020 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.