Half Day Tour of Valletta Malta's Capital City
During this tour you walk along the streets of Valletta. Included in the price you also have the St. John's Co-Cathedral ticket and the Malta Experience Show ticket.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Valletta, Malta’s capital city and a World Heritage Site, is nothing short of an open-air museum. Valletta known as Il-Belt, contains buildings from the 16th century onwards, built during the rule of the Order of St. John of Jerusalem, also known as Knights Hospitaller. The city is essentially Baroque in character with elements of Mannerist, Neo-Classical and Modern architecture in selected area, though World War II left major scars on the city. The City of Valletta was officially recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1980. The city is named for Jean Parisot de la Valette, who succeeded in defending the island from an Ottoman invasion in 1565. The official name given by the Order of Saint John was ‘Humilissima Civitas Valletta’ – The Most Humble City of Valletta or Citta’ Umilissima in Italian. The bastions, curtains and ravelins along with the beauty of its Baroque palaces, gardens and churches, led the ruling houses of Europe to give the city its nickname Superbissima – Most Proud.
During the tour you will walk through the bustling streets and to Barracca Gardens for a breathtaking panorama of the Grand Harbour. You will then visit St. John’s Co-Cathedral where you will see the painting ‘The Beheading of Saint John the Baptist’ by Caravaggio, considered one of Caravaggio’s masterpieces and the only painting signed by the painter. You will then watch the Malta Experience Show which will help you discover the Island and Malta’s amazing history.
Departure Point :Pick up is available from the following areas at the following time:Cirkewwa at 0830 hrsMellieha at 0840 hrsXemxija at 0850 hrsGolden Bay at 0850 hrsSt. Paul's Bay at 0900 hrsBugibba at 0905 hrsQawra at 0910 hrsSt. Julian's at 0910 hrsSliema at 0855 hrsValletta at 0930 hrsAttard at 0830 hrs
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.