Half Day Tour: Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City with Peking Duck Lunch/Dinner
This a private half-day walking tour to UNESCO World Heritage sites Forbidden city in Beijing, where is the must see heritage attractions in Beijing. Start with a look at the monuments of Tiananmen Square, then tour the immense Forbidden City complex with your knowledgeable tour guide. And then enjoy a wounderful Peking duck lunch or dinner in the Hutongs area.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Peking Duck
- Hotel pickup
- Entrance ticket
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Hall of Great Harmony (Taihe Dian)
- Entry/Admission - The Imperial Garden of The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Baochao Hutong
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang), West Changan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
Picked by our tour guide at your hotel at 8:30 am or 13:30 pm. Then head to Tiananmen Square, the largest public square of this kind in the world. Located in the heart of Beijing City, it is the site for massive parades and rallies.This was the site when in 1949, from a rostrum on Tiananmen (the Gate of Heavenly Peace), Chairman Mao proclaimed the establishment of the People's Republic of China.
For security reason, Tiananmen Square is a fenced square circled by low iron grids with main four entrances – east, west, south and north. The square is now open to the public till sunset, but all the tourists have to pass a security check before they enter the square. So check points have been set up at all the entrances leading to the square.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Monument of the People's Heroes, On Tian'anmen square, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100060 China
Have a glimpse at the outside of Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao, the Monument to the People's Heroes, the magnificent Great Hall of the People, the National Museum of China, the ancient Zhengyang Gate and Arrow Tower as well as the Tiananmen Tower which leads to the well-known Forbidden City.
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
Then move on to the Imperial Palace, also known as the "Forbidden City" , the largest and best-preserved ancient imperial palaces group with 500 years history. We will buy ticket in advance to skip the line. The palace was built between 1406 and 1420, but was burnt down, rebuilt, sacked and renovated countless times, so most of the architecture you can see today dates from the 1700's and onwards. You will have a highlight tour of the Forbidden City.
Note: A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Great Hall of the People (Renmin Dahuitang), West of Tian'anmen Square, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100017 China
Stop At: Hall of Great Harmony (Taihe Dian), Inside The Palace Museum, Beijing China
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Imperial Garden of The Palace Museum, Inside The Palace of Museum, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: North of Tian'anmen square, Dongcheng District, Beijing China
Stop At: Baochao Hutong, South of Andingmen Wesst Road North of East Gulou Street, Beijing China
Then, you will enjoy the Peking Duck lunch or dinner. Which is one of the most important things in Beijing. It has been prepared since the imperial era. Its roast by fruit tree. The meat is very crisp thin skin, and the meat is tender. Sliced in front of the diners by the cook. Ducks bred specially for the dish are slaughtered after 65 days and seasoned before being roasted in a closed or hung oven. The meat is eaten with spring onion, cucumber and sweet bean sauce with pancakes rolled around the fillings. Sometimes pickled radish is also inside, and other sauces (like hoisin sauce) can be used.
After the tour, your private tour guide will get a taxi send you back to your hotel or you can choose to stay at the place where you are.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will pickup in your city center hotel lobby
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.