Half-Day Tour to Kuelap Including Teleferic Trip
You will be transferred from Chachapoyas to Kuelap to visit the imposing fortress, one of the most significant lithic monuments in Peru, which rises 3000 meters above the Cerro Barreta. It has 505 enclosures in its interior distributed on different levels. Its impressive walls and its interior architecture show its role as a housing complex. The ascent and descent are carried out in the new cable car installed in the area, which makes possible reaching the fortress in just 20 minutes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish).
- Admission to Kuelap.
- Cable car roundtrip ride.
- Entry/Admission - Kuelap Fortress
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kuelap Fortress, Carretera a Kuelap, Chachapoyas Peru
At the top of a mountain, skimming the clouds, we find Kuélap. It is an imposing walled settlement located near the towns of María and Tingo. Built by the Chachapoyas culture in the 6th century AD, it is protected by a wall of up to 20 meters that dazzles visitors from afar.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located in Chachapoyas downtown.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb) or Gocta lodge. If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Most travelers can participate
- Travel accessories: sunglasses and retainer strap, sun block and lip balm, toiletry kit, small washcloth, personal first-aid kit.
- It is recommended to bring local currency (peruvian Sol), for drinks, snacks, tips, souvenirs and for horseback riding service, if you require it.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.