Half-Day Tour to Tipón, Pikillaqta and Andahuaylillas
You will start your journey in Tipón, perfectly preserved archaeological sites located 27 kilometers from the city of Cusco. Close to the town of the same name, where stands an impressive rural colonial mansion (1650), there are 12 terraces still cultivated, some enclosures and an irrigation system considered a masterpiece of hydraulic engineering still used by the surrounding population. Then continue to Pikillacta, that corresponds to the Wari culture, ancestor of the Incas. Among its 700 structures, covering more than 3 thousand hectares, there are stone and mud buildings of two and three floors, fine andenería and the head of a condor carved in a rock. Finally, you will visit Andahuaylillas, a town located 40 kilometers from Cusco that has the Church of Andahuaylillas. Also called The Sistine Chapel of America, due to the high quality of the pieces of art found in it. Today it has an original pipe organ recently restored. From here, he will return to Cusco.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish)
- Touristic transportation
- Admission to Andahuaylillas church.
- Entry/Admission - San Pedro Apostol de Andahuaylillas
What's excluded :
- Snacks and beverages
- Cusco Tourist ticket (BTC)
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Tipon
- Entry/Admission - Pikillaqta
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tipon, Cusco Peru
Tipón is the first tourist attraction in the South Valley. It is located in the Oropesa district (famous for its artisan breads), 23 kilometers from the city of Cusco.
The Tipón Archaeological Park has 240 hectares and is part of the Qhapac Ñam route (network of Inca roads).
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Pikillaqta, 20 km East of Cusco, Cusco 08003 Peru
Pikillaqta is a pre-Inca city occupied by the Wari culture. Its cities show a high level of engineering since they were built under urban planning patterns.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: San Pedro Apostol de Andahuaylillas, Calle Tacna No 302, Andahuaylillas 08210 Peru
The San Pedro de Andahuaylillas church was built by the Jesuits in the late 16th century. The decoration of its interiors is the most impressive of the enclosure. It has a collection of canvases from the Cusqueña School that represents the life of San Pedro: with gold leaf frames, a majestic organ, silver metalwork and a baroque altar.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- To visit Tipón and Pikillaqta sites, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.