Half-Day Trip to Irazu Volcano and Cartago from San Jose
This excursion offers the opportunity to visit the City of Cartago and its Basilica of Los Ángeles. You’ll also have a chance to discover the highest volcano in Costa Rica (at 11,000 feet above sea level) with its amazing resemblance to the moon’s surface.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Irazu Volcano National Park
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Nacional Nuestra Senora de Los Angeles
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Irazu Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
The trip begins by ascending the breathtaking summit of the Irazu Volcano, passing all types and forms of vegetation, from coffee plantations, to ferns, depending on the elevation. The trip leads up to a spectacular view of the massive crater which is home to a lagoon with a mystical green hue surrounded by jagged rocks.
It should be mentioned, that on a clear day you can actually see both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans!
Stop At: Santuario Nacional Nuestra Senora de Los Angeles, Calle 1, Cartago 97751 Costa Rica
After an exciting tour of the volcano, you will descend to the historical city of Cartago. Here you will visit the mysterious ruins of the old Parish and take in the beautiful Basilica of our Virgin of Los Angeles (Virgen de los Angeles) with rich displays of carvings, statues and other art.
Stop At: Gray Line Costa Rica, La Uruca, San Jose 10110 Costa Rica
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
On the arrival at the hotel the tour guide is going to ask in the reception of the hotel for the client
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Due to the pandemic, this tour is subject to availability. A minimum of passengers is required for the tour. But you can check our availability. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.