Half-Day Trip to Los Tuneles Cabo Rosa in Isabela Galapagos
Embark on a must-do day trip to one of the most bio diverse sites in Galapagos. Los Tuneles, also known as Cabo Rosa, is an uninhabited islet located 1 hour from Puerto Villamil, Isabela Island. These lava formations look like tunnels and along hundreds of years have become a marine paradise inhabited by varied endemic Galapagos species. Ideal for snorkeling due to its crystal-clear and shallow waters. This site is home to sea turtles, albatrosses, flamingos, iguanas, sea lions, blue-footed boobies, royal frigate, manta rays, penguins, sea lions, sea turtles, a variety of birds, lobsters, sea snakes, among other species. An exciting day trip to an iconic Galapagos site.
Difficulty: Moderate, light hiking over lava rock. Dry landing: small zodiac boat to dock. Openwater snorkeling from boat.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bilingual Professional Guide.
- Transportation – pick up/ drop off at hotel in Puerto Villamil, Isabela.
- Snorkeling equipment (mask and fins)
- Box Lunch.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Los Tuneles, SE Isabela Island Nr. La Union Rock, Puerto Villamil 200250 Ecuador
The tour starts either at 7:30 or 10:30 am from your hotel of stay in Puerto Villamil, Isabela. The first stop is Roca Union a small islet located in the open sea where you can catch sight of pelicans, blue-footed boobies and Nazca Boobies and, occasionally, sea lions resting on the rocks. Finados snorkeling site is the next stop, where you can swim next to sea turtles, white-tipped sharks (endemic to the islands), trumpetfish and surgeon fish. With some luck, eagle and golden rays will come to this site too.
Getting to Los Tuneles will take around 1 ½ – 2 hrs. Once there, the speedboat will navigate through various spots in and around the Lava Tunnels. Here you get the chance to do some more snorkeling and enjoy some short walks while observing the landscape and wildlife inhabiting the area. A box lunch will be provided at midday. Return time to Puerto Villamil is estimated around 3:00 PM.
Wildlife to see: Galapagos Sea Lions, Marine iguanas, Lava lizards, Seahorses, Zayapas, Sharks, Killer Whales (not frequently), tropical birds, blue-footed boobies, Nazca Booby, Brown pelicans, Cactus finches.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to fulfill this tour, you must be at Isabela Island (Puerto Villamil) one day prior to departure.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel of stay in Puerto Villamil, Isabela Island (Please, let us know your hotel of stay upon confirmation).IMPORTANT NOTE: A voucher will be sent with the exact place and time to start the tour
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for child aged 4 years and under
- Best time to visit between January and June.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Covid-19 test required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.