Half-Day Trip to Masaya Volcano from Managua
The Masaya Volcano National Park comprises of an area of 54 km2 and includes two volcanoes and fiver craters. The volcanoes have erupted several times in history, and were feared by both the indigenous people and the Spanish conquerors. The Spanish baptized the active volcano “La Boca del Infierno” or “The mouth of Hell”. They planted a cross, “La Cruz de Bobadilla” (named after Father Francisco Bobadilla), on the crater lip in the 16th century in order to exorcise the Devil.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour (depending on level of lava)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Masaya Volcano National Park
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- You will be picked up and driven to the Nindirí municipality where the Masaya Volcano is located. Once you arrive, please advise your guide/driver if you would like to stop and visit the museum to lean more about the history of the Volcano. From there you can walk up to the rim of the volcano where you will be able to see the active lava boiling and bubbling below with plums of smoke rising into the sky. After the hike, you will be taken to a local restaurant for a traditional Nicaraguan lunch where you can try a delicious quesillo, or feast on a fritanga.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Managua, Granada or San Juan del SurDates: DailyReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Cruise passengers welcome
- Child & senior citizen friendly
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.