Half-Day Vatnajokull Glacier Small Group Tour from Skaftafell
• Certified guides
Our guides have certification from AIMG (Association of Icelandic Mountain Guides).
• Small groups
The group size for our trips never exceeds 8 people.
• 4x4 drive
We will drive you all the way to the glacier. That means more time we can spend on ice.
• Evening departure (June - August)
If you want to avoid the crowds join us for our evening tour and enjoy the complete silence.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Harness, crampons and ice axe
What's excluded :
- Weather dependent clothing
- Hiking boots
- Small backpack with extra clothing layers, bottle of water and small snacks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatnajokull Glacier, Vatnajokull National Park Iceland
You want to hike further into the glacier than most of the other tours do. You are hoping to get close to the ice fall of Falljökull, outlet glacier of Vatnajökull (the largest glacier in Europe). You wish to have a breathtaking view on the crevasses. This is tour is made for you than! We will drive you all the way to the glacier, teach you how to put on crampons and how to use an ice axe and then we will guide you through the labyrint of crevasses, moulins and water streams of the glacier. We are not gonna rush our way to the ice fall, so you will have time to get used to walking on crampons. We will do many stops on the way to explain all about how glaciers are formed, about their history and also a little bit about the area of Skaftafell and Örævi. Of course the guide will assist you with taking many photos from this adventure.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Skaftafell Terminal - Tour Center, Flugvallarvegur 5, 785 Öræfi, Iceland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.