Half-day walking tour - Discover Budapest with your private guide!
If you prefer tours with a smaller group and if you would enjoy the walking tour at your own pace, my private tour is recommended for you. Where to eat or buy entrance tickets; where to go for entertainment and getting a little exercise with a gentle walking tour - as a local I can make this very easy for you. I will be your own local guide, no sharing with other people! We will walk in Budapest just like a group of friends. I will show you not only the main sights, but hidden gems of the city and you will hear legends and interesting stories too.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Single transport ticket
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - St. Stephen's Basilica (Szent Istvan Bazilika)
- Entry/Admission - Buda Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Heroes' Square, Andrassy Avenue Next to City Park in the VI. District, Budapest 1062 Hungary
We start our walk at Budapest’s biggest and mostly visited square, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. You will get to know Hungary’s history while we look at the sculptures of important leading historical figures, the Milleneum Monument and you will hear some interesting stories and legends about the square’s history.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Budapest Aviation Museum, Varosliget Park, Varosliget 11, Budapest 1146 Hungary
We continue our walk in the biggest park of Budapest, the City park. I will show you a very nice, fairy tale-like castle, one of our famous, historical baths, nice buildings of the Zoo and a historical and famous hungarian restaurant. You will hear the history of this area and some interesting legends regarding the city park area.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Andrassy Avenue, Andrassy ut, Budapest 1061 Hungary
We walk along the Andrássy avenue, which is also part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you will see nice palaces, buildings, the State Opera House and our Pest Broadway. I will tell you stories about the history of the avenue’s construction. We will have a break in a nice historical café which was lately renewed, here we can have a drink and some cake. We travel by the metro which is part of UNESCO world heritage sites.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Stephen's Basilica (Szent Istvan Bazilika), Szent Istvan ter 1, Budapest 1051 Hungary
We will see the St. Stephen's Basilica, you have the possibility to go inside and up to the tower and have a beautiful view from there if you want.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Szechenyi Lanchid, Budapest 1051 Hungary
We walk across the first permanent bridge of Budapest and have a nice view on the two banks of the Danube.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Buda Castle, Szent Gyorgy Ter, Budapest 1014 Hungary
We go up by foot or the funicular railway to the Castle Hill. We will see the Royal Palace, the Fisherman’s Bastion and the famous Matthias Church. You will have stunning outlook view from the Buda Castle. You will hear interesting stories about medieval time of the castle and former Jewish District.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Kunsthalle, Budapest, Dózsa György út 37, 1146 Hungary
Traveler pickup is offered
I can pick you up at your hotel if it is in city centre of Budapest
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/9/2019 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :Budapest, Szent György tér, Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.